Thursday, July 7, 2011

Weeks 14-17

So wow I am already 17 weeks. I went to the doctor yesterday. Things are still going well. The heartbeat was good. I think I have gained about 5 lbs overall. The only problem was my blood pressure. The last 2 visits my blood pressure has been like 140/90. The doctor recommended yesterday that I do a 24 hour urine test to make sure its not early pre-eclampsia. I really don't feel like that is what it is. I feel great and I think my blood pressure tends to go up anytime I am nervous, upset, mad, or stressed. I can feel when it goes up. Ever since having blood pressure issues when I had Colby I am always on edge when I go to the doctor and I think worrying about what it will be sends it up. I am anxious to get the results from the blood and urine tests just to make sure its not more serious. She also said if it doesn't resolve I may have to get on medicine which I really don't want to do.
I think at my next visit I am going to talk to her about keeping a log of it at home. I don't feel like I would have the high readings at home when I am most relaxed and comfortable. I also am going to make more of a point to excercise. I have gotton out of the habit since ending boot camp and finding out I was preggo. First I was too nauseous to think about excercise now its just too dang hot. But I know its something I need to do atleast walking and swimming. And we have been swimming but I know that means more then just getting in the pool I need to swim laps which I do sometimes but not always.
I am just praying that everything will be resolved b/c other then that I feel great now and am starting to feel little flutters which means the baby is in there kicking around which is always a good feeling! The nausea has passed I still get a little sick some at night but this week and last that has even about disappeared.
I am very anxious to find out boy or girl we hope to know by the end of this month but I haven't gotton a date set I am also anxious to see the ultrasound and no even more that the baby is growing and developing at a good pace. Its hard to believe though I am 4 months pregnant already! December will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment