Monday, July 11, 2011

What's been going on...

So I thought I would do a quick post on what we have been up to...mainly for my own records to be able to go back and look at.


Saturday we had to grocery shop but that afternoon Colby woke up from his nap early so we went swimming at my parent's house. I am so glad we have that option! That night Austin got home early enough we were able to grill hamburgers and hang out as a family!

Sunday as usual we went to church. Colby and I only stayed for Sunday School though due to having a meeting back up there at 4:30 that afternoon. I was glad we did come home though and get some rest. That night we went back for the VBS meeting. Since Austin was working it meant I had to bring Colby. I figured the meeting would be fairly short but it ended up lasting until 6:30. Colby was quite cranky and ready to come home when it was all said and done!

Monday Colby and I had plans to go see the Patchwork Players. I was excited to see them b/c I had been before when I worked with summer camp and they were really cute! I knew Colby would like it and be into it. Our Mops group was going so I thought it would be fun too to visit with some other moms. Well I braved going over there alone knowing parking might be interesting. Well sure enough we drove around for 20 minutes looking for a spot and never found one. I didn't feel comfortable parking far away on a street with it just being Colby and I. We decided to go to the Monkey Room since we were already uptown though. Colby was just as happy doing that! I missed having friends to chat with this time but we still had fun! By the time we left the place was really crowded but I think Colby enjoyed his time and I was glad he got to get out and climb some.

Tuesday Colby and I went swimming at my parent's house. I was glad that we did b/c I knew there probably wouldn't be another chance for us to do that all week. He ofcourse had a blast like usual and was a complete fish. We stayed and visited and had lunch...then ofcourse Colby always hates to come home!

Wednesday Austin began his long stretch of days off leading up to Colby's b-day. We ran errands that morning to Walmart and Party City to get ready for his party. It was nice running errands like that with my 2 boys. We came home and got a few things done around the house and rested b/c we had to go back to church that night. We left early and ate dinner at McAlister's then went to church. My mom and I had to work in Mission Friends. I enjoyed working with the kids. We had Jonathan (8 Months), Zoe (1 1/2), Colby (2 1/2), Emily (4), Nathanael (4 1/2), and Caleb (6). We had a great group but quite a span of ages. I hate we can't divide them up. I hope to get back to doing that once school starts but this summer we have had to combine them. The kids do well though and Colby sure loves being around all the other kids.

Thursday was another big preparation day for Colby's party. We stayed in all day trying to get the house in order. That night though I think we were all ready for a break so we went to Chili's for dinner and then to Target. We decided to go ahead and get Colby a booster seat for Austin's truck. He was getting wayy too big for the carseat we had in there. We figure he doesn't ride with Austin that often and we usually travel in my car.

Friday was yet another preparation day. We stayed in and worked again most of the day. Austin's family came in that night so when Colby woke up from his nap we went to meet them downtown. Colby was very excited about seeing his mawmaw and pawpaw and his cousins. We went out to eat at Deanie's. The kids were all pretty good but all were getting antsy by the end. We went home after dinner so that we could come home and finish the final touches for his b-day party!

No comments:

Post a Comment