Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beautiful Fall Weather!

We have had a gorgeous week after that storm blew through! I think this fall weather made the long, wet weekend completely worth it! Its very unusual to have temps this cool in early September. We have had a very hot, dry summer for the most part and Colby and I haven't been able to get out and go to the parks like I like to. Even when I do take him he wants to leave after like 10 minutes. I knew with having such a gorgeous day I would have to take advantage of it with him.
We decided to go over to Confetti Park. I think it is one of our favorites. I like it because its fenced in, shady, and they have plenty of places to sit! I usually don't like to sit while Colby plays but now being pregnant and he can pretty much do all the equipment by himself I took advantage of the benches. This park also always has random riding toys that people drop off there. They seem to be different every time we go so Colby enjoys that. He had a blast and we stayed an hour and a half which is WAYY longer then any other time recently. Usually he's begging for juice in the first 5 minutes which he only asked once about an hour into the visit and I told him to wait until we left and he was fine with that! I know he has loved the weather too!
There were also several other kids there which helps. There was a little boy who was probably 2, then another that was maybe 2 1/2 then two little girls who were maybe 4. Colby played with them a little but I think he just enjoyed them being out there. He still mostly did his own thing but I think just having them out there was company enough for him.
He mainly played with all the trucks and ride on toys. He did a lot of pretending which I thought was adorable. He ran errands, picked up food, drove home, and visisted people! I love his little imagination! Anyway it was a great time and I look forward to many more visits now that the weather is cooling off! We have also spent more time outside at our house this week. Colby has stayed outside for over an hour every day riding bikes or playing in the backyard which is awesome too b/c like I say all summer we have pretty much been stuck inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment