Thursday, September 8, 2011

Colby's 1st Day of School 3 Year Prek







Yesterday (Wednesday) was Colby's first day of school for this year. I think he was excited about going back and seeing his friends. I think it will be good for him to get back to some type of routine. I am also looking forward to a break as I am quickly entering the 3rd trimester! I tried my best Tuesday to wear him out so he would go to bed early Tuesday. This summer we have slacked with bedtime...I mean we usually have him in bed by 9 but a lot of nights he doesn't fall asleep until well past 10 due to late naps or whatever. So between our trip to the park and Colby playing outside with daddy until dark I figured ok surely he will be tired and will fall asleep!









NOPE! He was still wide awake at 11. I know a late nap was not the problem. Was he too excited about school to sleep? I don't know! Well I figured least school didn't start until 10 maybe he would sleep in some? NOPE...he was awake before 7! needless to say he began the day in a very dramatic, overtired, cranky mood.









He first cried b/c Austin had to go to work. He later cried when we were about to leave b/c he somehow closed his foot in the door. Well we pulled it all together and things were going peachy on the way to school. We arrived at the same time as one of his best friends from last year. We walked in with them. Max and Colby in front and the moms in the back talking. As we neared the school the boys took off running...well somehow when they rounded the corner Colby must have stopped and Max kept running and knocked Colby over. He got up bawling so I knew he was hurt. Sure enough checked his knees and they were all skint up. My poor baby has actually never skint his knees. As wierd as that sounds for an active 3 year old boy...Colby is very careful and very type A so I think he has great balance and rarely falls. I think it upset him as much to be hurt as also to fall and wipeout like that! He wanted me to hold him and I thought oh no so much for a good morning for school. It took some encouragement but he was finally ready to walk into his room. Once he got there he went right in and never turned back. I didn't even get to tell him bye! I felt a little bad and wanted to so badly to walk in and hug him but I know from being a teacher the best thing I could do was just leave while he was happy! I knew he would have a great morning he loved school so much this year and least he was in a comfortable environment and around people he knew!









They only had school from 10-11:30. This is sort of the preview day for the students. Its mainly time for them to get adjusted to mom and dad leaving and get to know the teacher and other kids. Its not a whole lot of time for mommy though! I had to go pick up a dress I ordered for Lindsay so by the time I did that and got home I only had about 30 minutes before it was time to head out again!









When I got to school he was on the playground. I was glad I got to sneak a peek at him. The 3's, 4's, and 5's were all outside playing. He was running around happily! I went back into the school to wait for him. When they got inside the teacher instructed them to go sit on the rug and wait for their name to be called. Which he did! Mrs. Lyn said he did fine and had a great day! I know he's going to have a good year I love the teacher she is really sweet and been teaching 3's forever so I know she will do a good job! I met a new mom with a little girl named Sophia I hope he becomes friends with her she seemed really sweet. Especially since Addie and Kiley aren't in school there this year!














Well when we got to the car the drama started again. He had a sticker on his shirt and wanted it off so we stuck it to his carseat well he ripped it and cried then he dropped his juice while we were driving! I felt like I was stuck in the "No good very bad day" book. When we got home he was still cranky. He got in a better mood after lunch. I figured surely he would take a nice long nap. He ended up not napping at all which led to a very cranky afternoon. The highlight was we did spend an hour outside with the weather being so nice and he did enjoy that!









No comments:

Post a Comment