Sunday, September 18, 2011

Colby's 1st USM GAME!













This weekend we got to take Colby up to Hattiesburg for his very first USM game. Even though we have been going to games the last 4 seasons and bringing him to Hattiesburg he has always stayed with my mom and Austin's mom during the game. We were very anxious to bring him! We have talked about it each season but decided to hold off until he was 3.
I wish we could take him to them all this season but I don't think I will be going up to many since I am now in my last trimester of this pregnancy. So I knew this weekend was probably the best option to take him. Plus the game started at 6 which is better for bedtime anyway!
We left yesterday morning and got into Hattiesburg around 11. We stopped at Austin's parent's house to drop off Allie plus Colby was anxious to stop in and see them and play. He was really hoping to see the girls but they were off camping plus shelbi has had strep throat this week so I think they thought it best for them not to play together this time! Colby enjoyed playing then we went to lunch with his parents and mine. We were going to go to a new 50s cafe type place that just opened but the wait was over an hour! NO THANKS! So we went to Sweet Peppers. We all love that place anyway. Colby did really good. It was nice to visit with everyone also. After lunch we went back to the apartment to rest. We knew Colby would need a nap before the game.
We left for the game about 5 and ate when we first got there. My dad has club level seats so you get "free food" each week is something different. This week happened to be tacos and hotdogs. I think the hotdogs were mainly for the kids and people who don't like Mexican. I fixed Colby a hotdog and chips and he scarfed it down! I was really surprised at how well he ate. This has always been one reason for not taking him b/c we weren't sure what he would eat. But he really has just gotton into hotdogs recently. When we went to the seats I think Colby was fascinated with all the sights and sounds. He sat really well through the 1st quarter. By the end he started to get antsy and wanted to walk up and down the steps which I probably would have let him walk around more if it weren't for the people around us. I didn't want him to bother them. So my dad and Austin both took turns getting up with him. He came back in time to see a touchdown before halftime. We knew that me and him would probably only last until halftime so we had planned on our moms picking us up. It worked out really well. We got home right around 8. My mom and I let him play for a while then he took his bath. We got him in bed soon before Austin and my dad got home. They stayed for the whole game. We all stayed up and visited for a little while but I think everyone was tired so we weren't up late.
The next morning I got up around 6. I had a hard time sleeping...I don't always sleep well away from home but especially being 7 months pregnant I was soo hot. Colby woke up crying for one of his blankets at 6 so I knew I should go ahead and get up I had no idea he and Austin would stay in bed for almost 2 more hours! I should have slept longer. It was nice though I got to sit and visit with my parents. Austin's parents came over that morning for breakfast. My mom though it would be nice to cook for everyone. It was yummy...after eating we quickly packed up and hit the road. We might have hung around Hattiesburg longer that morning but the Saints game started at noon so I wanted to be home for that. We watched the Saints game and ate lunch and napped. Austin had to go into work for a few hours so colby and I hung around the house. It was a long day and I was so exausted by bedtime!
We had a great weekend though and loved experiencing Colby's first football game! I can't wait to take him to another! Not sure if we will bring him to another one this year or if we will wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment