Monday, September 19, 2011

Happenings around Here

So it has been quite busy around our house lately. Last Thursday we started some home projects with a contractor we have used off and on since we moved in. He was going to paint Lindsay's room also along with fixing a few things around the house. He came Thursday morning. This always makes for a hectic time trying to get ready and get out the house all while someone is coming into your house to work. That day I had MOPS so Colby and I were trying to leave the house early. My parents were planning on keeping Colby any way that day which worked out well with my mops meeting and us having someone working in the house. He was excited about spending the day with them! I dropped him off around 9 and headed to my MOPS meeting. I am so glad to have that to go to. This is my 3rd year. I really wish I would have joined when Colby was a baby but I have enjoyed it so much. They plan great events and I have met lots of other stay at home moms which is nice. I missed the first meeting of this year so I was glad to get registered and get all that done too. This meeting they had several mother's sit in the front for a question/answer session. I didn't say or ask anything but it was nice to hear other mom's concerns and hear that you aren't the only one thinking things sometimes! Afterwards I came home. My parents were going to keep Colby until after his naptime. It was nice to not have him here with all the work taking place. I didn't get much rest though since there was work going on! That afternoon my parents dropped him off around 5.


Friday was a school day for Colby. I dropped him off then went and got my haircut. This was my second haircut while being pregnant with Lindsay and probably will be my last. I will be due to go back in December but I know I will wait until after she comes and hopefully before Christmas so I can get it highlited again! I miss my blonde! I have chosen both times not to highlite my hair I know everyone says its fine and it probably is but I think its best just not to take chances plus its not that big of a deal to me. I did get it cut pretty short though which I actually really like. Its so much cooler and easier to manage! After my haircut I still had time for Target. I did some more shopping for Lindsay and got a few other things. I love my shopping time alone! Colby is a good shopper but its still so nice to browse alone and take my time. I was able to come home and put my things away then head back out to get Colby. Ofcourse we still had work going on around our house so neither of us really got a good nap!

Saturday & Sunday we were in Hattiesburg see previous post!
Sunday when we got back in town we watched the Saints play. I fell asleep during the second half. I had woken up at 6am that morning and hadn't had a nap in 2 days so I was exausted. Austin had to go into work when the game ended. He wound up working until about 7. Again I was exausted that night. Poor Colby was very wound up too since he had spent most of the day pent up and didn't get to expel any energy!

Monday was another school day. I have now started taking a little boy from Colby's class to school some days and today was our first day. He lives in our neighborhood and is one of Colby's best friends. His name is Max. he and Colby are very similiar. Its so cute how they have hit it off the last 2 years. His mom and I actually grew up together which is funny too! They were very cute sitting in the backseat carrying on a 3 year old conversation. the only downside is it was pouring! That made it interesting getting them in the door to preschool! They both did well though! I was going to go grocery shopping but decided to come home with all the rain. I was kinda glad I got to come home and relax some. We still had work being done though so it wasn't completely restful. Today also started carpool for Colby which I wasn't exactly fond of. First they didn't even get the kids outside until almost 12:15. Then when they put Colby in the car they didn't buckle him. I had to pull over and almost climb in the backseat to get him buckled. It was kinda annoying! I would really rather just walk to his classroom. Before we were getting home at 12:15 now we didn't get home until 12:40 or so. I think some days I will still just walk in and get him. Our contractor finished up around 2:30 so I did get a small nap but I was still so exausted yesterday. And to top it off Austin didn't get in until 8 so I already felt like I had a long week!
Today-Tuesday Colby and I went to my parent's house. Our housecleaner came today so we needed to get out the house. Once again though we have work going on so I knew it wouldn't be a restful day. I woke up flustered and tired. I tried to make blueberry muffins and for some reason the batter didn't turn out right so I had to throw it away. I know I am in my last trimester and so I am going to get more and more tired. I feel bad b/c my patience is running low too and I don't have as much energy or patience to always play with Colby. I am still trying to make sure though he gets out the house and has fun as much as possible! Thankfully today he got to play with my parents so I was able to just kinda sit back and relax. they went swimming. I didn't get in today...usually I kinda get out of the mood of swimming after Labor Day anyway. The water was 82 degrees which we swim in but by now that would feel really cold. Colby had a blast though with them. Now that we are home he's down for his nap and I am hoping I can get a short one in before he wakes up! I am just praying I can keep my patience and get some rest. Its been a hectic busy week since last Monday. Austin was off 3 days which I love but they are very busy, then work being done then a trip then more work I have just had it! Looking forward to a day tomorrow where we can come home by ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment