Thursday, September 22, 2011

Our Week

We have had a pretty good week around here especially once Wednesday came and we had a day to ourselves! Colby went to school that morning and I went grocery shopping. I missed having my shopping buddy but it was also to nice to go alone. I had about an hour and a half when I got home to unload groceries and work around the house. Colby had another great day at school. He made a picture of "Things I do at School" ofcourse his was mostly cars and blocks which is truly what he plays with at school. I am so thankful he's already having another great year! We love Mrs. Lyn and he is making lots of friends and enjoying hanging out with his buddy Max from last year.
Thursday was our first day in what seemed like forever that we had a break from going somewhere. We had a leisurely morning around the house then went to the park. We went to Confetti Park again. This seems to be Colby's favorite b/c they always have trucks or riding toys. We were the only ones out there at first but another mom with 2 little girls came soon after. I was glad that someone else came b/c Colby is always happier when there are other children around. The oldest little girl was almost 3 and then she had a 1 year old. Colby loved playing with the girl his age. I think he was more into playing then she was. They ran around and rode cars together though! It was adorable to see him playing with another kid! We stayed out there about an hour. It was warmer then last time but still wasn't unbearably hot. I treated him again to Sonic on the way home. I love our mommy/son days and will miss them. I can't believe next year I will be sending him off to school 5 days a week! I really will miss these times! These 3 years have gone by WAY too fast! I know it also won't be the same with another one. I can't wait to have 2 but I will miss the 1 on 1 time that Colby and I have had.
Friday Colby had school again. We were once again going to bring Max to school and Colby was excited. Its so cute that he already has a good friendship with a little boy. They are very similiar in personalities. Both into cars/trucks, quiet and sweet boys, with blonde hair! Once again they both talked the whole way into school. Max's mom volunteered to pick Colby up since I brought him and she had a half day. I was a little sad but knew Colby would love it! I enjoyed the extra time but I also missed going and seeing him walk out of school. This was a big moment the first time ever riding with a friend without mom or dad...I honestly had no idea that would happen at 3. I expected more like 5? I guess my little man is going to be a social butterfly! I tried to make Colby understand that Mrs. Honey was going to be picking him up and not mommy. He said ok and didn't seem bothered in the least! I walked them both into school and they both ran to their classroom and started playing! I am so happy he loves school! I hope he stays this way for quite some time. I think its been so good for him. So while Colby was at school I made him blue cupcakes. Guess I was really missing him! I also got a lot done around the house. Well around 12:15 when I was expecting him home Honey called and said the boys both wanted to go play at her house. She asked if it was ok I said sure and I would come get him around 1:30! Again so cute that he's already arranging playdates with friends without mommy but also said...who said this happens at 3?!? I wasn't too worried about him I knew he was in good hands but ofcourse the mommy in me worried if he would go to the potty or eat lunch etc. When I went to get him at 1:30 both boys were eating popcorn watching a movie. Colby seemed really happy. He also seemed happy to see me and go home. I would have let him play longer but since he still takes naps and mommy needs a nap too I wanted to get him before it was too late to do that! I am so happy to have a friend and Colby to have a friend and that they live less then 5 min from our house! I look forward to lots of good times this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment