Friday, September 2, 2011

The Week

This week hasn't been too exciting. I feel like we haven't done a whole lot. Monday Colby and I went swimming at my parent's house. This has become our usual thing to do when its too hot or we don't have anything else planned. Its always fun though and Colby has a blast. He has become such a fish this summer.






Tuesday Austin and I had a closing b/c we re-closed on our house with a better rate. Well the meeting was supossed to be at 11 am. The plan was for my parent's to keep Colby while we were there then I would pick him up and bring him home for his nap. Well as I was turning on my parent's street Austin called and said the meeting had been switched for 4:30. Since we were already almost there and I promised Colby that is where we were going I hated to turn around. So instead I brought him to my parents and asked if they could just keep him all day. That would give me time to relax and get some things done around the house. I ended up going to Target too and doing a little shopping for Miss Lindsay! It was so fun to buy pink little girl things! That afternoon we met for the closing then picked Colby up and took him to Applebees. He was wound up though...going out to eat with him lately is an adventure! I think he's harder now then when he was 8 months old.









Wednesday I had to make a doctor's appointment for Colby. He has had these little bumps on his tummy/chest for about a month. I didn't think too much of them but the last few days there looked like there were more. So I figured we should get it checked out before school starts. It turns out he has moluscum. So glad I took him. Apparantly its a virus he picked up from another kid and it could take up to a year for the bumps to go away. Its not anything serious though. Its basically just an annoyance. After we finished at the doctor we met Austin at the Toyota place his truck needed to be serviced so we were going to bring him to work. Colby was really excited about seeing daddy and getting to drive downtown! Afterwards I decided we should stop at the mall to burn some energy its just been too hot to do much else! Colby played on the play areas and rode all the little kiddie rides. Our friends Casee and Jax met us there for lunch. I think Colby really enjoyed "talking" to Jax. They sat across from each other and "talked" a lot while they ate! It was also nice to get to visit with a friend and another mommy.

Thursday we went to the church to get some work done in the nursery before the new church year. My parents went with us. It was a nice outting to get us out the house and Colby always loves playing in the nursery especially when he is alone so he can use whatever toys he wants! After we ate lunch at McAlister's.

No comments:

Post a Comment