Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend

We had a pretty low key weekend which was really nice. Now that Colby is in school 3 days a week I don't mind staying in on Saturdays. This Saturday especially I thought we needed a stay at home day. We don't have them very often and I wouldn't want them often but it was nice to have a break in our schedule/routine. We didn't get to sleep late though Colby was up at 6:30. We had pancakes for breakfast (that has become our Saturday routine) since school started back. The movie Cars was on tv so I let him watch that. That is most definitely his favorite movie and really the only one he will sit through and watch! So he watched half of it while I cleaned the house then we took a break to go outside and ride bikes. It was nice playing outside with him. We don't do as much of that now since its been so hot plus we are usually so busy going places we don't have the time except when Austin is home. After playing outside for about an hour we came back in to cool off and watched the rest of the Cars movie. We just hung out then ate lunch and took naps.
Austin got in pretty early b/c USM came on tv at 2:30. he got in and we all 3 watched the game. Then he had to do yardwork so he and Colby were outside for a couple hours that evening.
Sunday Austin was off so we all went to church. I was in the nursery the entire time. Colby had just 2 kids in his class him and Broc. Austin and I worked in his class during extended care. It actually went really well although its getting tough as I am getting into the end of the pregnancy. I was thankful Austin was there to help us! There were 5 kids total. We had Colby, broc, and veronica who are all 3 and then there were 2 kindergartners in there b/c their moms also were working. We stayed outside mostly. I think the boys really liked having Austin out there. He pushed them in cars and pushed them high in the swings. Colby did really well. I was worried since we would both be in there that he would act out but he did just fine so I was proud of him. He didn't really play with the other kids much none of his buddies were really there. I finally had to go in early from the playground...it was getting hot and my feet hurt. So Austin and the other lady stayed with the kids and I went in to fix them cold water to drink. Once they got back in the classroom they all sat quietly and colored and listened to music I was really pleased at how well behaved they were!
We ate our usual lunch at McAlister's then headed home to watch the Saints game. We all took good naps though. Then we got up and did some work around the house and ate dinner. Austin did some more yardwork so he and Colby spent time outside. I am loving that he is a daddy's boy like that and will go outside and play while he works that gives me time to rest or get housework done! It helps out a ton! We had a really great weekend...almost sad to see it come to an end. Austin is leaving town Monday and won't get back until Friday evening. He has a business trip to Miami. We will miss him a ton! He hasn't been out of town in a long time especially not for that long. I know colby is really going to miss him. I hope he understands and does well all week. We have a pretty busy week coming up so I think that will help. It also is good that he's in school 3 days a week so I will get a break! Looking forward to what the week holds though! God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment