Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Colby's Field Trip to Storyland








Colby had another field trip today! I love all these field trips his school takes! I am so happy he gets these experiences already! With Austin being off today he got to come with us. The field trip was to Storyland. We were excited to have a special day with him. We planned on my parents keeping Lindsay again. Once again I like to keep his special days keeping the focus on him. Plus we were so busy yesterday I figured Lindsay needed a low key day plus my parents enjoy watching her alone and spending 1 on 1 time with her. We dropped Lindsay off then went to Colby's school. The children had to go to their class first. I guess the teacher counted who all was there and also gave them instructions on how to behave on the school bus. Although Colby seemed like they had talked about that all week b/c he told us they had to sit still and quiet on the bus! It was funny b/c all the parents gathered around to watch the board the bus! It was so bittersweet...one of those moments I felt myself getting choked up! The fact that my baby boy was ready to ride a school bus with his friends without mommy and daddy. Since they only had 1 bus and all 3 classes were going the parents had to drive their own cars. I was ok with this I knew we would be close behind them! He seemed to love the ride and was all smiles when he got off at the park! When they got to the park we all got together and went in. There was only 1 other school group at the park so it was pretty easy to keep up with our kids thank goodness! They all seemed very well behaved. We had to keep up with Colby and this little boy Amir who didn't have parents there today. Austin pretty much stayed with Colby and I watched Amir. Amir was a lot easier to keep up with then Colby he would get on one thing and stay forever! Colby gets antsy and hops from thing to thing! He also wanted to go ride the rides like we did at Max's b-day party and didn't understand why we couldn't. He didn't play with his friends at the park as much as I had hoped. He was more concerned with making sure Austin followed him around....he's so attached to Austin when he's around! I know its b/c he works so much and I think he just thinks he has to have all his daddy's focus when he is home! Anyway I am glad Austin got to go though to 1 school event. I am always the one that goes so it was nice for Austin to get to enjoy that aspect of his little school life! We all 3 had fun though. It rained on us so we had to seek shelter but I think that just made it more fun! The kids didn't seem to care at all! I think the highlite to them anyway was the bus ride! They sat down during the worst of the rain and ate a snack. Colby rode the bus back to school then we picked him up and went to lunch at Applebees. We figured we would treat him to lunch while his sister was still napping at Grammy's. We stayed at my parent's house for a little while until Lindsay woke up. Once we got home we all took naps though! I think we were all exausted from the past 2 days! This afternoon Austin and Colby played outside and ran errands while I caught up on inside housework and hung out with Lindsay! Its been a great 3 days! I know we will miss Austin so much tomorrow when he returns to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment