Sunday, May 20, 2012

Our Weekend

We have had a great weekend! Its actually been busy too! Ofcourse we wish Austin would have been off to hang out with us but we have had fun! Friday evening we did go out as a family! We have been wanting/planning to do that all week and it finally worked out for us Friday. We decided to go to Adam's Catfish. That was only our 2nd time to ever take Colby there. He loved it though so I don't know why we don't think of it more often. We ate dinner then took Colby for icecream. It was a fun family night and a treat for everyone! A great break for all of us!
Saturday was a fun day for Colby. We usually go visit my parent's on saturdays if we don't have anything planned. I had told our friends Honey and Max they were welcome to join us sometime. Well she was watching Max's cousin Isabella on friday and saturday. We figured it would be fun for the 3 of them to swim together! Max and "bella" are Colby's best school buds. It was fun for him to have his friends at Grammy's house. they stayed in the pool about an hour I guess. I got in with Honey and the 3 kids. My dad helped us out as well. It was good having 3 adults with 3 young children. My mom stayed in and took care of Lindsay. She hasn't been in the pool yet...I think she is still too litte. Maybe when she is 6 months old it will be warm enough for her to get out and enjoy it! After the swimming the kids played inside until lunch was ready. I think they enjoyed coloring and playing cars. I put Lindsay down for nap while we all ate lunch. Honey and I got to visit some while the kids played with my mom and dad which was nice. After Max and Isabella left I let Colby play for awhile with the grandparents until Lindsay woke up and ate. Afterwards we came home. It was a long, tiring day but a fun one! Ofcourse no one really got great naps. By 4:45 Colby ended up crashing in his bed! I tried to wake him up several times and he would just not get up! i have never seen him so tired! He had a bad night the night before and missed 3 days of naps that week and on top of the swimming he was exausted! I had to drag him out of his bed and then he went to the den and fell asleep! He has never done that before! We finally got him to wake up and eat dinner. I think we were all ready for bed that night!


Sunday was church day! It was just me and the kids. Both kids enjoyed their classes I think. I was at the nursery desk all morning but I didn't mind. I let my mom actually get into church on time which she rarely gets to do! After we did our usual lunch at McAlister's. After our busy Sunday last week it felt good to have a normal Sunday. After lunch we came home to take naps. Both kids slept and I got a short nap too! So nice! austin got home early too which was nice! He and Colby went to buy a new lawnmower and worked in the yard! Its been a great weekend! Now we are gearing up for Colby's last week of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment