Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Austin's Birthday & Days Off

I feel like we are having a fabulous week so far! Austin worked really hard last week and so did I. I feel like we all had to be very patient. I know every time we have a really hard week we usually get rewarded with a great week! Austin took off 3 days in a row which is so nice! Two days just usually isn't enough I feel like we always run out of time! Monday started his days off. Colby had school so we pretty much had our normal school morning routine. Austin does go get Colby pancakes at McDonald's when he's off though which Colby loves. I brought Colby and Max to school. We came home and Austin did some work outside. He went and picked Colby up when it was time and I stayed here with Lindsay. We had a pretty low key day at home since we knew the next 2 days would be very busy! Neither Colby or Lindsay really took long naps...Austin took Colby outside and they played in his pool. Lindsay and I visited and she even got to stick her little toes in! It was nice just having a laid back day. We had dinner at home and I baked Austin's birthday cake. Its so nice when we sit down to a homecooked family dinner! It doesn't hapen but maybe 2-3 times a week so its very special to all of us! Colby even loves it when we sit together at the table!


Tuesday Austin's birthday has been a very busy but great day! I hope he has enjoyed the day too! We started the day by making blueberry muffins and having a family breakfast! I rarely have time to cook stuff like that for Colby during the week b/c now with having to get 2 kids ready and feeding a baby it just takes so long I run out of time. But today I made sure to make the time! I didn't want Austin having to cook on his b-day! After breakfast we all rushed around and got dressed. Our housecleaner was coming over so we had to get out the house but we wanted to go out anyway and take the kids somewhere. We decided on the aquarium. We haven't been in quite some time and Lindsay ofcourse hadn't ever been. We got there and it was great we were one of the first people in and we were doing great. We got about 5 min or so into it and I realized we left Lindsay's pacifier in the car. Well Austin said he would stay in the aquarium with the kids while I ran to the car. By the time I got back though a TON of school groups had caught up to us! There were so many people. We kept trying to dodge them by jumping ahead to different exhibits but it seemed like they were closing in on us. We knew there was no way Colby would have any fun so we ended up leaving. Thank goodness we are members so no money was lost! We decided to ride the ferry home since we were right there. We have been promising Colby a ferry ride since that fateful night we tried and got rear ended. Colby seemed a little apprehensive of the ferry at first. But once he got on and Austin got him out the van and walked around he LOVED it! I have a feeling we will be doing that more often now! Lindsay and I stayed in the van though. It was time for her to eat so I fed her in the car. I can't believe she has already been on a ferry boat and to the aquarium at 4 1/2 months old! I guess she will get to do stuff earlier then her big bro! Although he did go to the zoo before her I guess we will get her there one of these days! So after the ferry we stopped off at Confetti Playground. We figured Colby still had some energy to burn. Again I stayed in the van b/c I was still feeding Lindsay. I also had to feed her peas in the van! That was interesting! She was more interested in looking out the window though! Colby had a blast riding on a big wheel at the park and swinging. He said he had a lot of fun on our outting. We picked up Subway and came home. We put Lindsay down for a nap and took Colby outside to eat our sandwhiches. He loves eating outside! We all rested some which was nice since the day before we didn't really get a nap! After naptime and everyone got up we headed out again to Cracker Barrel. We do this a few times a year we drive to Slidell and meet Austin's parents for CB. Ofcourse they wanted to see their son on his b-day! We usually go up there for his b-day or they come here but since we were just there and with his b-day falling on a Tuesday they weren't able to come here either. Atleast we got to see them and visit. I think they enjoyed seeing the kids again! Colby was convinced they were coming home with us too! Poor guy! Both kids left with something...Colby got a car ofcourse and Lindsay got 2 precious outfits! They were both really well behaved! I worried especially about Lindsay b/c I knew we would get in past her bathtime but she held in their really good despite the busy day too! Once we got home we did cake! I hope Austin had a good day I feel like it was a great family day! Something we really needed after the business of him working all last week! We are so thankful for him and his hard work! I can't ask for a better hubby or father. I gave him the option to play golf on his b-day and he said he would rather spend the day with us! I love him and can't wait to celebrate 33 more b-days with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment