Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful mother's day! I can't believe this was my 5th Mother's Day! It was a busy, but nice day! It was the first Mother's Day we have been to church as a family I think! We have spent previous mothers days in Destin then last year I went to church but Austin had work. This year we got to have Lindsay's baby Dedication on Mother's day which really made the day special. Colby's was in September b/c there were so many late summer babies that year they did a special one. We all went to Sunday School. I actually stayed in Lindsay's class most of the time b/c I wanted her to get a good nap in before her dedication. We were able to take Colby to the front of the church with us too which was really special! It was hard to believe that 3 1/2 years ago we were having him dedicated! He was such a big boy and did so well too! Lindsay on the other hand made her prescence known! She did really good while we sat up front but then as soon as we went down front to stand she cried and cried! I know babies do that all the time! Poor thing I had to wake her up from a good snooze and I think all the people kinda scared her plus it was getting close to her eating time. We got her back to the nursery where there were 2 other babies. I had contemplated staying with her but my mom was in there so I just left her with her. Church service was wonderful and it was so nice to sit in there with Austin and his parents. His parents came in town to see her dedication. I thought it was sweet of them to come since they were also here for Colby's. After church we came back quickly to our house to change clothes before heading over to Mrs. Eva's house. We had lunch over there this year. Last year we did the same thing but Austin wasn't with me so it was nice to have our whole family together. It was a wonderful treat and I enjoyed visiting. But boy was I tired. Our poor kids were too! They both hung in there well though but I felt like we had no time to recoup from our trip! So after the lunch we came home and quickly put both kids to bed! They both needed their rest. Well Austin was sweet and took his parents to run some errands while me and the kids rested. Too bad Lindsay never slept so I never got a nap either! Oh well it was nice to have the quiet time alone to catch up on some stuff! When they came home we woke both kids up. They all went outside with Colby. He swam in our little pool and played outside. It was great for him to get all that attention. I kept Lindsay inside with me while I did housework. We had hotdogs for dinner and hung out and played with the kids. It was an early bedtime for us and the kids though we were all so tired from the trip and company! I don't feel like it was a restful mother's day but I was so happy to spend it with my mom and Austin with his mom and with our 2 children I couldn't have asked for anything else!
Colby- I can't belive you are almost 4! I am so thankful that almost 4 years ago you made me a mommy! I learned what unconditional love really was! The job isn't easy but its so rewarding! I am so thankful I have been able to stay home with you for these last 4 years! I can't believe you will be in prek next year and going off to school every day! I love the time I got for 3 years to hang out with just you! I now love that I get to hang out with you and Lindsay and sometimes just you! I love your stubborness I hope you can use that to accomplish great things when you grow up! I love that you have a sensitive side and love your family! I love that you want things just right my little Type A child! You may look like your daddy but you act like your momma and granddaddy!
Lindsay- I can't believe you are nearing 6 months old! Even though we have only known you for a few months you feel like you have been in our family forever! I love that now I have a daughter to share "girl" things with! I look forward to our relationship as you get older. I know we will have ups and downs but I hope when you are a grown woman we can talk every day and be friends! You are growing up too quickly! You are the sweetest baby! You love to talk and be talked to! You are very happy as long as you are rested and fed! You are rolling over and scooting!
Thank you both for each day I get to spend with you! I know I am not perfect but I hope you know I try my best to be the best mommy I can! I make mistakes but I try to do everything out of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment