Friday, May 18, 2012

A Glance Back at Our Week

This week we have been trying to get back into a routine after vacation, Mother's Day and company. Monday Colby went back to school. He was so excited to see his teacher and friends and tell them all about the beach! I enjoyed having a break while he was at school.
Tuesday we had our house cleaned. My parents kept Colby for the day. Lindsay and I did a Target run then hung out around the house. It was nice to have a day like that. I enjoy being with Colby and it will soon be time for he and I to have a special day but the days when I just have Lindsay are special and low key!
Wednesday he went back to school. Lindsay and I grocery shopped and I got caught up on housework. Once again its been nice to have some low key days at home after our busy week and weekend last week!
Thursday since we didn't have anything scheduled I wanted to do something fun with Colby. I figured we would go to the park but he chose the mall. Its been awhile since he had been up there and he loves to ride the little rides and eat lunch. I invited my mom to go with us. I think I could handle both kids now but since Colby likes to do certain things there it helps to have someone to follow him around while I care for Lindsay. It worked out well b/c I was able to do a little shopping in Dillards while he and my mom rode the escalators lol! We then went to the little rides and he had a blast on those. Lindsay did really well this visit. She's getting better with stuff like this now that she can sit up and look around she's pretty content. She just chewed on her toy and looked around the entire time. I think it helped too that she took an hour nap before we left too! So she stayed awake the whole time at the mall. After the rides we took Colby to the little play area. By this point it was time for me to feed Lindsay. It worked out well b/c there are nice cushy seats in there so I fed her while Colby played. After that he was hungry and ready to eat. We ate our Chickfila then while I fed Linsday her veggies Colby and my mom went to sit by the fountain and get a cookie. After we all finished we went home. The kids were both tired by that point! It was a fun outting! I was glad we got out the house b/c the afternoon was sorta long...its so hot to get out much so we stayed in and I and the kids both get bored!
Today (Friday) Colby had school again. I looked forward to just coming home with Lindsay. Its such a nice time to get stuff done and relax a little! I am not sure what we will do the rest of the day... I am hoping Austin will get home early so we can go out to dinner then maybe go get icecream or go to a park! I feel like our evenings are so dull around here. I want to have a fun family evening! Its hard though when he works so late b/c Lindsay has to be in bed by 8 usually! Hoping we have a good weekend as well too bad Austin will have to work through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment