Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend


So we are enjoying summer mode and the holiday weekend around here. Friday was our first "official" summer day. We ended up spending it at home though. Lindsay ran fever Thursday and was cranky and didn't sleep well so we were exausted. I wanted to bring Colby to the Cool Zoo or something fun but I knew we needed a day to relax plus I couldn't find a sitter for Lindsay and a day at the zoo in May would just be too much with 2 kids especially with a baby! Anyway we stayed home...something we don't do much and haven't done probably since we all had the flu. It went better then I expected though. I tried to keep Colby involved so he didn't sit around and watch tv all day. During Lindsay's morning nap he rode his bikes in the front. We all took a walk late morning before it got too hot. That afternoon while Lindsay was taking her afternoon nap Colby and I went in the backyard to play. It was fun having some time to just play with him. We also sat in his room and played. I feel like sometimes I don't get much time to "play" with him when we are so busy going places so it was nice to kick back and do that! I definitely couldn't stay home all day every day though with 2 kids. We have to get out the house! Saturday we planned to go swimming at my parent's house. This is our usual Saturday during the summer activity when Austin is working. I knew we would spend half the day since we stayed in all day Friday as well. It was nice to be over there. My mom watched Lindsay while my dad and I got in the pool with Colby. It was fun swimming with my big boy. I felt like I missed so much of that time with him while at the beach so this was my first time this year to really enjoy being with him in the pool. We had a blast! After swimming we ate lunch. After lunch I put Lindsay down for nap...she napped some while we swam but she was ready for a longer nap in the bed. While she slept my parents played with Colby. It was nice to have some downtime. We all visited and played until after she woke up. The kids and I finally got home sometime after 3. We were all wiped out. We had a pretty low key rest of the day!
Sunday was another good day. We went to church...I stayed for the Sunday School hour but brought Lindsay home after that. Colby chose to stay for church and come home with my parents. I was fine with that knowing it would give me a little quiet time. We had such a full, busy week plus the kids had some rough nights during the week so I was exausted. After getting in and getting Lindsay fed and ate lunch myself I dozed for an hour. By the time Colby got home I felt rested again. Both kids took great naps though which was nice to have that quiet time. Austin got in at a good time so that was nice.
Monday Austin was actually off which has been SO nice! We had a leisurely morning around the house! Its rare that we get those so it was nice to not have to hurry off somewhere. Once we were all dressed though we went to my parent's house. This is our yearly thing for Memorial Day. My mom cooks and we all swim then come in and eat a yummy lunch. Usually we have Randall and Elizabeth there too but they are on a trip so it was just us and my parents. We got in the pool right away. We decided to take Lindsay in today. She hasn't been in a pool yet so we figured today would be a good day to try it out. She really liked it at first and enjoyed splashing around but quickly got tired and ready to get out. It was around her lunch time too so I think that is one reason she got tired of it quickly. My mom came and rescued her so Austin and I could enjoy some more pool time with Colby. I think he enjoyed having his mommy and daddy to play with. After a little while I went on in to help my mom with Lindsay. Soon after the boys came in ready to eat! Lindsay took her nap there while we ate lunch. After lunch Colby wanted to relax and watch CARS so that is what we did. It was nice to just cool down and chill! After the movie and Lindsay woke up Austin and I came home with Lindsay. Colby made plans to spend the night. Its been awhile since he stayed over there so he was all excited! In fact he was so ready for us to leave! Austin and I got home with Lindsay and it was nice just to relax. After we ate though he mowed the yard. I was able to get some housework done and play with Lindsay one on one. I am sure this summer we will be sending him over there to spend the night a few more times! The break was nice! We sure missed him but since Lindsay goes to bed early we were able to have a few hours to ourselves last night!
Tuesday Austin was off again. We had a slow morning since Colby was away and we only had 1 child to get ready and she took an early nap. After we were dressed though we went to pick up Colby. We picked him up and dropped Lindsay off. We have been promising Colby a trip to the Cool Zoo for some time. We knew it would be too hot for Lindsay so my parents watched her. This was Colby's 3rd time there I think. We took him there a year ago for the first time. He was so much more brave this year. He still wanted Austin to stay close but he would go down the slides alone this time! He had a blast! he played for 2 hours! Once he had enough we left and ate lunch at McAlister's. That is our usual thing when leaving the zoo. I dropped the boys off at the house then I went to pick up Lindsay. Now that we are all home we are just cooling off and resting. Austin and Colby are now doing some outdoor "boy" things. We have enjoyed having Austin around so much! its making our 1st full week of summer really fun! The rest of the week will be low key with me an the kids. We will probably stay close and just do a couple errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment