Thursday, May 24, 2012

Colby's Last Week of School

 First Day

 Last Day
Wow I can't believe my little guy's last day of school is tomorrow! Its been a wonderful year for him. He attended Aurora Methodist 3 year preschool program. This is his second year at the school. This year he went 3 days a week from 9-12. Once again it was so great for he and I. At the start of the year I was very pregnant so the break was quite welcome! I used the time to rest, clean house, or run errands. The second half of the year was nice b/c it gave me some 1 on 1 time with Lindsay. He has loved school for the second year in a row! He never once cried or didn't want to go! He made so many friends! He had some old friends from last year and made many new ones also! His teacher Mrs. Lyn was so sweet. We couldn't ask for a more kind, tenderhearted teacher! Colby fell in love with her and has felt so comfortable with her! I pray every year he can feel that way! He learned so much! They worked on ABC's and 123's ofcourse. Each week they had a theme and they played and learned through that. Some of the theme's included: Nursery Rhymes, Community Helpers, Transportation, Zoo, Sea Life, etc. I love their theory of having the children learn through play. I am glad for preschool he wasn't sitting at a desk doing worksheets. They had many special days and field trips. He got to visit the Zoo, Storyland, Post Office, go on a picnic, and many other things. I have seen him grow up and change so much this year! I loved when I would go up to help for special events and could see a small glimpse into his life at school. Its amazing what all teachers can get their students to do! He listened to everything Mrs. Lyn told him! This last week of school has been very emotional for me...I know next year will be really bad b/c it will be his last year at this sweet little school. I feel like he's so sheltered and loved and protected at this little preschool! Going to kindergarten will be hard on all of us! I know we will all miss Mrs. Lyn! I also can't believe he's completed his 2nd year of preschool! Some of his friends like Max will not be returning either so that makes the end of this year very bittersweet!
This last week though they have really made it special for the kids! Even though he usually only goes on M, W, F his teacher said he could go M-Thu this week bc each day they were doing something special! Monday they had a lemonade stand and sold lemonade! They even pretended to bring their money to the bank! Tuesday was icecream day! From what he told us he had a blast! I think they had all types of toppings to put on it! Wednesday was a school picnic. They walked across the street to the park and parents were invited to have a picnic with the children! I enjoyed going today and being able to enjoy this last school event with him! He seemed to have a good time I think his favorite part was eating though! He played some on the playground but he kept waiting to eat. The teachers wanted them to wait until atleast 11 to eat. Once we could eat he ate his entire lunch! We sat with his friends Max and Isabella. After eating he played with some of his friends before it was time to go! My parents kept Lindsay. Its just so much easier to focus on Colby plus she would have been hot and miserable! After the picnic we ran some errands and I took him to Barnes and Noble. I figured it would be nice to do one more thing with him before going home so we did that. He enjoyed playing with the train table while mommy drank coffee. It was nice to have a few moments to sit and rest. I let him pick out 2 books before we left too. I love that he loves books so anytime we go I let him pick atleast 1 b/c I want to encourage a love for reading and books!
Thursday was his last day of school. I don't kknow what they are doing other then just enjoying being together on the last day! His teacher made him a beautiful scrapbook from the year! Its such a great keepsake to have always! I am happy in some ways that summer is here! It will be nice to not have a schedule but it will also be hard finding things to do everyday! We are sad b/c we will miss his teacher and friends this summer! He learned so much this year and we are so thankful for another great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment