Sunday, May 13, 2012

Destin 2012

Well we just got back from our annual beach trip to Destin. We had a great time as always! It ofcourse goes by wayy too fast! It was Colby's 5th time there and Lindsay's 1st! Colby had many memories of the beach so he was very excited! I think this is the 3rd trip he will remember! He was really excited when we started talking about going to the beach. Lindsay obviously will be too little to remember but it will be fun telling her about her first trip as she gets older!
We left Wednesday morning. My parents and Randall met us at our house so we could all caravan together. Both kids did really well. We actually drove all the way to Florida without stopping. We stopped finally at the Florida reststop to take potty breaks and feed Lindsay! It was pouring down rain in the midst of this! Colby enjoyed running around the rest stop though! After there we drove a few more miles and stopped at our famous Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. Again both kids did well...Lindsay ate her baby food there. We were all tired by that point though and I think Lindsay was ready to get out of that seat! We arrived at the condo about 3ish. I went up immediately to feed Lindsay. Colby was anxious to check out both the condos. We put her down for a nap. While she was resting I tried to get things unpacked and us "settled in". Colby and Austin went down to the beach and pool. They weren't able to stay long because of the off and on rain though. That evening we had a low key night. My mom made jambalaya for us so we went to their condo to eat dinner. After dinner we had to head back to our condo to bathe the kids. We knew they needed to go to bed early since it had been a long day and no one really got naps. Austin and I turned in pretty early too. Ofcourse we always enjoyed about an hour of peace every night after we got the kids in bed!
Thursday morning we were up bright and early. Between Colby and Lindsay they were both usually up before 7! We would begin our day by getting dressed and eating breakfast. After breakfast we changed into our beach clothes. We were all going to go down to the beach but I quickly decided that Lindsay needed a nap instead. Austin and Colby went on down. I hated that I missed out on so much beach/pool time. Its not that I am a HUGE fan of that stuff but I hated I didn't get to see Colby do everything this trip! I have to admit though staying in the condo with Lindsay was nice. It was quiet and relaxing! My aunt and uncle came over from Pensacola to spend time with us and eat lunch. I took Lindsay over there for my aunt and mom to watch while I spent some time at the beach and pool with Austin and Colby. It was nice to see him playing at the pool I didn't get to enjoy as much "Beach time" with him this year but next year they will both be out there playing so that will be fun! Once we finished down there we all went up to eat lunch together. It was nice to visit with everyone. The kids soon were melting down and needing naps though. I think we all slept pretty hard! After naps Colby and Austin did a little more swimming and I stayed upstairs with Lindsay. We took turns getting dressed to go out for dinner that evening. We decided to try a new place this year. I have heard about the Back Porch from friends so we decided to try it. It ended up being very good! The kids did pretty well and we had a great seat that was comfie for us to all spread out! After dinner we went back to the condo to bathe the kids. Usually we would go do something after dinner but b/c Lindsay goes to bed so early we just decided to head back. We put the kids to bed early and enjoyed some time to relax ourselves. I always look forward to those quiet moments in the evenings where Austin and I get to hang out after the kids go to bed. In some ways its often my fav part of the day.
Friday was another bright and early day! Our kids chose not to sleep in at all this trip! I got up and quickly showered and got dressed b/c I knew if I didn't do it then I would be rushing around and never have time later on. Once we got the kids up and dressed we did the same thing as Thursday. We went over to my parent's condo and ate breakfast with them. After we ate I left with Lindsay b/c I could tell from the early waking she was already tired. I got her to sleep while Austin and Colby went down to the beach and pool again. They stayed out there for a couple hours. From what I heard he had a blast. He rode the waves on aunt lizzie's raft. We had an interesting thing happen though...Austin had left Colby's bucket by the pool and some lady ended up puking in it. We aren't sure what was wrong with her b/c an ambulance ended up coming to pick her up. Needless to say we left the bucket in Destin! I enjoyed the quiet morning though. My mom came over and spent some time with me and Lindsay. Once Austin came up we made our lunches and ate out on the patio with Colby. It was nice to have some time with him. After we ate we all went down for early naps. Lindsay didn't nap long though. We ended up taking both kids out for a walk to pass some time.  After our walk we started getting dressed. Austin and I had made the decision before we left that we wanted to do something special with Colby while on the trip. We debated the Gulfarium or a Dolphin Cruise but both would have been far away and taken a long time so we decided to take him to the outdoor mall and have dinner and let him play! We let him play on their outdoor playground and ride the little kid train. This took about an hour! I think he had a good time but he also was jealous that Lindsay was back at the condo with Grammy & Granddaddy...he asked a couple of times if we could just go back there. He thought she was getting something over on him which we were really trying to make him feel special. I think he had fun though. We ate at Johnny Rocket's then got him icecream. This was really a treat although he probably had more desserts on this trip then we allow anyway but icecream is really a treat! We rarely go out and get dessert so this was really special for him. After icecream we headed back to the condo. At that point we bathed Lindsay and let Colby hang out with the grandparents for a little while. Once we got them both to bed it was time to start packing. We did get to relax for a little while though!








Saturday morning we were up EARLY once again! These kids decided that 6 am was a great time to wake up on vacation! We hit the ground running. There was lots to do from packing and organizing to hauling things to the van to keeping 2 kids fed and happy while doing all of this! It was a busy couple of hours! I hate that part of vacation! Once we got on the road the kids did great. Lindsay slept the 1st half of the trip and Colby watched Finding Nemo. Its kinda nice to just sit and talk to austin while we drive. We stopped at our usual Panera Bread. Once again that was our only stop on the way home. We fed and changed Lindsay there. The kids did well again my mom rode with us from Mobile home. Colby chatted with her the ENTIRE way! It was also nice having her in the back b/c she fed Lindsay a bottle so we didn't have to stop. Once we got in we were all exausted! We knew Colby wouldn't take a nap so we let him watch Cars. We normally don't do 2 movies a day but in this case we were all exausted and we had so much to do plus it was raining outside. Lindsay was glad to get back in her bed and took about a 2 hour nap! We had a wonderful time! I hated to leave that beautiful water and beach! I am already looking forward to our trip next year! By then we will have a 1 year old and a 4 1/2 year old! We might try to take Colby back to the beach atleast Gulf Shores or something before the end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment