Monday, May 7, 2012

Our Weekend

Alas, the weekend has come and gone just about! I can't believe how fast this week went by! Its mainly due to the fact Austin was off M-W! Thursday I had to go grocery shopping with both kids...we survived just a boring day though! Friday Colby had school.This weekend has been nice. Austin had to work though so just me and the kids but we have had some fun moments! Saturday we enjoyed sleeping in and lazing around the house! I feel like that's so rare! The last 2 Saturdays we have been up for birthday parties! We went over to my parent's house about 10:30. We haven't been there in awhile and I wanted to let Colby swim over there. He got to swim with my dad for quite some time. I stayed inside and baked cookies for Colby's unbirthday party Monday at school. My mom kept Lindsay entertained. Colby had a blast in the pool! I wish I could have gotton in with him. I don't feel like I will get to do much swimming this summer. Lindsay is still too little...one they say 6 months for sunscreen and 2 the swim diapers start at 16 lbs and she's only 13lbs. I am sure we will bring her in some but its not like she will last for long periods of time anyway. After the swimming and cookies I got Lindsay down for her nap and my mom, dad, Colby, and I enjoyed lunch. We visited for awhile then when Lindsay woke up we came home. I knew it would be a kinda long afternoon since Colby didn't nap at all and Lindsay had a very short nap. We got home and I did end up putting Lindsay back down for a nap. She slept thankgoodness but Colby never did. Actually I didn't want to put him down for a nap b/c it was after 2 when we got home. If he sleeps that late then he will never go to bed that night! My friend Honey called and said she and Max would like to come over so they came for a visit. Austin got home early too so that helped. Austin worked in the yard and Honey and I visited inside while the boys played. It was nice to have another adult to talk with. She enjoyed helping with Lindsay too. We ate pizza together then the boys played in the backyard and pool with Austin. It was a nice break from our usual "routine". Ofcourse Colby had a blast! We were all exausted though!
Sunday was church which is always a busy time for us. With Austin working I feel like Sundays are like a "school" day for us. I have to have everyone out the house and dressed and fed by 8:30. Not an easy task! We made it to church on time though despite torrential rains on our way there! Both children did well during their Sunday school and ec hours. I was expecting to sit in worship service but we had a ton of toddlers so I decided to stay back there and we ended up splitting the class. I didn't mind or really want to complain b/c I am grateful when we have a bunch of kids! There were times when Colby was a baby/toddler I prayed for a full nursery. I think its such a blessing to see so many children at church. Lindsay was the only baby but we had 5 1 year olds and 1 two year old and six preschoolers. It was very busy back there! I was worn out by the time we got home. I was really hoping for a nap but Colby fell asleep on the way home and so he didn't take a nap. Lindsay napped off and on and I laid down for a short time but never really felt rested. Austin was late getting home which always makes for a rough evening. I feel like we are going in 6 hundred directions! So now we are just gearing up for another week but luckily this week is only 2 days long b/c then we go the beach Wednesday! So excited to spend time with family and relax also it will be Lindsay's 1st trip there! It will be really fun with Colby he has been talking all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment