Saturday, August 9, 2014

Back 2 School!

So this last week of summer we have tried to make sure everything is set for Colby to return to school on Monday morning. This last week we have also had 2 back to school events for my little man.
So Thursday was meet the teacher. We did this bright and early Thursday morning. Afterwards I had an hair appt. Meeting the teacher wasn't too exciting I mean we dropped off his supplies and maybe chatted for 5 minutes. She seems sweet and friendly. I pray she is a good fit for my little boy. I think Colby was more excited to see last year's teacher Mrs. Birden. We stopped in her room and visited for about 15 minutes!
Friday night was orientation for the parents. The kids could actually come this year as well. They had planned activities for them but we had already lined my parents up to keep them and the kids were excited about that. I also try to be very careful to guard how much time they spend up there. Even though I know they would have had fun I just don't ever want to over do it with us going to church/school there. The orientation was good...really nothing new from last year though. I was a little disappointed we didn't get to go in his class but not a big deal. Atleast we got to do that last year on his first year! Afterwards austin and I ate at Cane's. School orientation is always a little like a date night for us! HAHA!
Ok so I tried to be productive and have fun with the kids the last week of summer so here is what we did:
Sunday-Lindsay was sick with croup so we skipped church but went to run errands instead
Monday-Went to Lakeside to order Lindsay's new bed and had a family day
Tuesday-Coffee with Laekan and swimming at my parent's
Wednesday-Grocery and Mall to eat lunch with Nijel
Thursday-Meet the Teacher and Haircut so the kids went to my parents house
Friday-Monkey Room and Orientation
Saturday-Tennis/Swimming
Sunday-Church/Grouplink
So our schedule has been filled with many things. I can already tell we are going to have a busy fall with school and church stuff resuming. Its been nice to have the summer even though the summer was pretty busy I still feel like we were able to sleep in a lot and have quiet afternoons/evenings.
I hate to see summer come to a close in many ways. 1 b/c it means my kids are another year older. 1st grade and 3 year prek! I will also miss the time with them. Although some days are long and I do look forward to some breaks and getting the house in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment