Saturday, August 16, 2014

This One's For the Girls



So Thursday Lindsay and I had a sweet little playdate with some of her school friends. I want to make sure and make the most of these few weeks before she starts school. I decided to take her to the Children's Museum. I always feel guitly going places like that without Colby but he had lots of chances as a toddler. We def don't get to go as often now just with our busy schedules! Anyways so I called up a couple friends to meet us. One friend Katie has a little girl who is 3 named Callie. Her older brother is also in 1st grade so I knew they would like a girl outting. The other friend is Lauren who has Stella who is 2 and Lou who is 4 months. Stella and Lindsay were in the same class and were buddies so I knew it would be fun for them to hang out as well.
Lindsay and I got there the same time as Katie and Callie so we hung out. I was impressed at how well the girls got along since they are 1 year apart. Last year we got together with them and Lindsay was still more like a baby and didn't interact much but this year she and Callie played so well together! Stella and her mom got there about an hour later. It was fun just chatting with the moms and letting the girls play. We were there from 9:30 until 11:30ish. Lindsay had a great time. We didn't stay in the toddler room very long which I hated b/c that's my fav but the girls had fun with all the other stuff! Again it was just great to have a little playdate like that with just her.
Today (Friday) Lindsay and I had another free day. I knew it wouldn't be quite as busy b/c Colby and I have a Back to School Bash at church tonight 6-10 so I didn't want to be gone long but we did have our normal PJ's coffee and breakfast this morning which I love!! We started this tradition last year and I just love taking her out for coffee. I hope we are still doing this in 10 years when she's 12 and then when she's 22!! After coffee we went to the park by her preschool. We don't go to that park much anymore b/c it just isn't well cared for and a lot of the play areas are worn and or broken. I wanted to stay close though so we went ahead to that one. It brought back so MANY memories of taking Colby to the park. That was one of the first parks we really brought him too and he and I visited it probably once a week when he was her age. It was fun just playing with her and enjoying these days. The rest of the day was low key and we tried to rest up for the B2SB!

No comments:

Post a Comment