Monday, August 11, 2014

First Day of 1st Grade

 
Today Colby started 1st grade! Still hard to believe! It really seems like he should still be at home with me! Anyway...from all accounts it seems like he had a good day. I think they mostly got to know the teacher and probably took care of going over classroom rules, had lunch, went to recess, and the teacher read a book. Atleast that's all he's telling us! They also had no homework which he is really excited about too!
His teaching Ms. Wessling is new and I am looking forward to getting to know her and hopefully being a big help to her as this is her first year of teaching elementary school.
Today was just a half day so I am sure the rest of the week will be filled with a lot more learning and things! I think Lindsay was honestly glad to have him back at school although I know after a few days she will miss him. but right now she says she's glad he's back in school. I think she enjoys having all the toys in the house to herself!
I look forward to seeing what this year brings and pray that its as good of a year as last! I know he's already got buddies in his class from last year so that's awesome! I am glad he can start his year with a best friend!
It was nice having the quiet of 1 child. We took a walk and visited with neighbors. I hope to make this a routine with Lindsay. Austin was off today so we enjoyed his company and went to lunch at the mall before picking Colby up. Tomorrow will be grocery shopping and cleaning house so hopefully Lindsay is ready to be cooperative for those things! I will miss my little boy but it will be nice to get back to some order around here ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment