Saturday, August 9, 2014

Best Buds

Colby has had 2 chances this week to catch up with his best buddy Nijel. I hate we waited until summer was almost over to get them together! They have seen each other throughout the summer though at VBS, Colby's birthday, church, the Zoo playdate and now this week!
Being this is the last week of summer I've tried to make it fun although we have had a bunch of other stuff to try to get done as well so we've just had a few little playdates around the other stuff!
Wednesday I had to grocery shop but Colby's glasses also broke on Monday while we were at the mall ordering Lindsay's new bed. I knew I needed to get this accomplished this week. So I told Nijel's mom we were going to the mall to see if they wanted to meet up for lunch. It worked out great. It was fun visiting with them. Although getting 3 kids together at meal time is always a little crazy. I don't really feel like I get to taste my food or visit that much but it was worth it for my little man. Well the boys wanted so badly to play that day but we all had stuff to do.
We decided on Friday morning to be a good time to hang out. We ended up meeting them at the Monkey Room. This was our 2nd trip there this summer. Colby has a blast and it was great for him to have a friend to run around play with. He's pretty low maintenance in those situations. Now Lindsay on the other hand got set off first over the bracelet they have to wear then she mostly just sat by me. She finally started playing by herself towards the end of the visit. It was a little frustrating though since I paid $9 for her to use the whole thing. She went into the big one a couple of times but would freak out when she couldn't find Colby. She's really still a little too small for the big one! Anyway it was great that they got to run around and play with friends. Casee met us there too with Jax and Mason. I am not sure our kids played together that much since Colby was consumed with Nijel. Lindsay might have played with them a little but we haven't seen them as much lately. Colby was consumed with Nijel. We stayed about an hour and a half. It was a fun trip and I think it tired the kids out so I call that a sucess. It was nice to visit with Casee and Melody as well. Its a little easier to visit there then most places!
I am so glad Colby has a best friend to start 1st grade with. I am still slightly anxious for him. But not nearly as anxious as last year. I know he and Nijel will have a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment