Wednesday, August 20, 2014

ZOO Day

Another fun outting with our girl!! I know it seems like we are doing so much fun stuff without Colby but I am trying to soak up these preschool years I have left with her. I figure Colby had many many outtings to places with just us! Since Austin was off today I wanted to do something fun the 3 of us. Yes we did miss Colby but its so fun to see Lindsay's personality without the shadow of her big bro. Although she is more timid without him around!
Anyway we decided on the Zoo. We knew it would be hot but we figured it wouldn't be crowded and we didn't have to stay that long since we have a membership. We started the morning with a trip to PJ's. My girl loves coffee and breakfast there! Afterwards we went on to the Zoo. We really just took our time looking at things we thought she would enjoy. She loved the Sea Lions and almost didn't want to leave there! It was so cool b/c the zoo wasn't crowded at all so I really felt like you could linger at exhibits and just enjoy them! We weren't in any hurry. We then made our way to the old oak trees and the giraffes and zebras. She also loved feeding the ducks and turtles! We spent awhile in the swamp area and she loved the otters and even got to feed them! It was fun seeing her get so excited about the animals! I did miss my big boy though and wishing in some ways we were homeschooling so we could take field trips and do lessons in the zoo on non-crowded days!
After the zoo we ate lunch at Mahoney's po-boy shop! Our mission was to try a new place on Magazine. It def did not disappoint! It was fun just hanging out with our girl. She will start school in September 3 days a week and I know we won't have as many opportunities to take her out! She was completely smitten with Austin also today! He's been working on a really long stretch so I guess she really missed him! Anyway it was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment