Thursday, December 17, 2009

17 Months Old




Colby is 17 months old today. Wow that is hard to believe! He is almost a year and a half officially! He is so grown up these days. One of his latest skills is climbing. He has learned to climb into his stroller himself and even tries to buckle up. Its really cute but we had to move the stroller into the garage because I would find him in it several times a day. He is also talking more and more. He says "Ooooh what's that" about everything it seems. He loves Christmas lights and Christmas trees. He is also eating new things all the time now! He eats off of the kid menus at most restaurants. He has a pretty varied palate though. He loves fruit and will gobble up strawberries and peaches and bananas anytime! He also loves Mexican food which I think is pretty funny! I guess all that mexican food I ate when I was pregnant he must have thought was quite tasty! He also loves the outdoors and begs to go out or go on walks all the time! He is very curious too he wants to know what everything is. This is great because I think he will be very smart but sometimes it can get annoying when I am busy but I just have to remember it won't be like this for long. These days are precious I know and even when I get annoyed I try to stop myself and think one day he might not want to be around me all the time so I should really enjoy it! He is in size 18-24 month clothes. They fit perfectly except pants are a little long but 12-18 month would be too short. He wears size 5 diapers also. He still likes his bottles and binky but I hope to work on these after the first of the year. In January I am going to try to wean him off the bottle and the binky will come at 2 hopefully. I don't think he will have too much trouble but we'll see. He is also attached to a blankie and his blue ring. He brings the blue ring everywhere! I am so thankful that he is a growing, healthy boy though! He really is precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment