Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve







Wow its really Christmas well Christmas Eve! Today we had a nice mostly relaxful family day. It was really nice. We all slept in some then once we all got up and dressed we took a walk and just hung out. We played in Colby's room with him and it was so nice just to sit back there and play the 3 of us! Its not often we don't have somewhere to be or something to do. So I just sat back and enjoyed that moment. That has kind of been my motto this Christmas season to enjoy every moment for what it is and not to get caught up in the hustle and bustle. My goal has been to not get stressed. I think I have done pretty well its meant not having as many gifts but I think thats a good thing in a way.



After a nice morning I made Colby some grilled cheese for lunch. He has been showing interest in sandwhiches lately so I figured I would start with this. And he loved it! Now I know another thing I can make him for lunch! Once we got Colby down for his nap Austin went to Brother's to get us lunch. I have had a crazy craving for gumbo. I guess the cold Christmas weather has had me in the mood for it. So we had that for lunch and it was quite yummy. While we ate and after Austin and I watched an episode of ER and again it was nice to just sit back and relax. After the show we rested a little while then began all the fun of wrapping presents.



This afternoon after Colby's nap we headed to my parent's to do Christmas Eve with them. We used to all spend the night but since last year when we had Colby we decided we would just spend the night at home. I want Colby waking up in his own house every year and for the 3 of us to have some traditions but I still want to spend time with family so this is a nice compromise. So we went over there and had dinner and got to hang out with Randall and Elizabeth. It was a lot of fun...it was just a quiet night where we got to enjoy each other. Its not often this happens the last time we really hung out with them was Thanksgiving but there were a ton of other people around too. So it was nice for them to really get to play with Colby and all. They also let him open 1 present early. It was the BeeBop band set! So cute! Colby loved it. He has one set of instruments but this is adorable! He loves music and instruments so this was right up his alley! Colby did really well he ate well and just was good overall. He also enjoyed some of my mom and dad's birthday cake. You could tell though at the end that he was getting sleepy b/c he kept getting his blankie and pacifier and wanting to lay down. So we headed home around 8. We bathed him put him in his jammies and started the fun process of playing Santa. Its really fun! Last year we had a good time but it wasn't quite as big a deal preparing for a 5 month old and even though Colby doesn't quite know or get the whole Santa thing I can't wait to see his face when he walks into the room with all the toys! I know he will be excited! So we got everything put together and set up for him. His big gifts include a tent/tunnel set, a train set, and a police car rocking toy. He has a variety of smaller toys that include a piano, a musical block, a little write on board, telephone, flashcards, flashlight, toy mailbox. And even smaller things in his stocking are books, spoons, bubbles. So yea he made out pretty well this year! Well that is all for now I am going to close and head to bed so I can wake up at 6:30 so we can start the fun of unwrapping and enjoying Christmas day! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

1 comment: