Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in the Oaks Round 2

Ok so we went back to Christmas in the Oaks tonight and it was not nearly as sucessful as the first time. But let me begin with my day. I feel like I have not had it together today at all. I feel like I am still recovering from the holidays or trying and life just doesn't want me to slow down. Since Christmas Eve we have really had somewhere to be every day except yesterday and man did I enjoy staying home all day yesterday with Colby. It was nice for both him and I. Well today wasn't relaxful at all. I knew I needed to go to the store this morning but this was one of those days where it seemed like it took Colby and I forever to get going. Sometimes we just have those days...well we finally got there at 10:30 and I was already flustered because I never wait that late to go. I usually try to leave the house by 9:30 or 10 at the latest. I just don't like getting to close to his nap/lunch time. A cranky toddler in a store is never fun. I have to say he did really well but I breezed up and down the aisles so fast and really didn't get all that much. My main goal was to get stuff for dinner tomorrow night because we are having Austin's family over (his mom, dad, sister, and 2 nieces.) So I got jambalaya mix, green beans, and garlic bread oh and a king cake. I think it will be yummy but anyways.
So after we got home I tried to unload stuff but then it was time for Colby's lunch/naptime. So got him to bed then I had to make my lunch and tried to pick up the house some. Well around 1 I knew I should lay down and atleast relax for a few minutes because I knew tonight would be busy. Well at 1:30 the phone rang. FIGURES! Well I am not sure if it woke Colby up but I hate when the phone rings while he is napping. I even instruct Austin not to call between 12-3 so he won't wake him up. So after that I decided to get up and do a few more things...well by 2 I was like well I am gonna try to lay down again...so I lay down get relaxed and the door bell rings. And it rung 3 times. Well I know this woke Colby up because I heard him whimper. Ok not good. I didn't answer the door and now I feel like a complete fool because it was just our lawn people. But I couldn't think of who it possibly could be and I didn't want anyone coming in to visit while Colby was napping. So I sat and waited for them to go away. Stupid I know but I was just tired and didn't feel like anything going on but I forgot that I had told the lawn people that they could come today. So I am sure they think I am nuts. Well I finally figured out thats who it was. So by 3:30 Colby was definitely awake so I got him up dressed him and then got myself ready.
We went to dinner with Austin's family. First of all Colby was not really in the mood at all to sit in a restaurant which didn't suprise me since he didn't nap well. I mean he did ok at first but the food took wayy too long to come to us so he got grumpy then after he ate he was just bored and grumpy. So our plans were to take the kids to Christmas in the Oaks tonight after dinner. Well we didn't leave the restaurant until 6:30. Keep in mind Colby is usually in bed by 8. So I knew this wasn't good. We didn't get to City Park until 7ish. Well when we pull up all of a sudden it hits Austin and I that we don't have a stroller. Great! Now we have to carry our 30lb toddler around. I know he can walk but he doesn't like to told your hand and he still is too young to understand following people he just wants to walk wherever his little feet take him. So he did well at first being carried and we just kept passing him along. Well my first goal was to ride the train since Austin and I didn't get to ride it last week with him. Well we walked up and the line didn't look too long so we waited 2 turns and just knew we would be on that 2nd train but they closed the gate right when it got to us. Sucks! We waited in line for 30 minutes. Well I knew Colby could take no more of this so we went ahead to the carousel. Which he enjoyed but I don't think he even liked it as much as the first time just b/c he was so tired tonight. So after that I told Austin it was time to go. I hated to cut it so short but he needed to be in bed and Austin also has work tomorrow. I mean we had fun but I know the night could have been more fun like it was last week. I also felt bad for Shelbi and Maggie b/c we had built this up to them and then all they got to do was ride the carousel. They didn't even really get to see the rest of the park. I know we were all tired but still. I also had promised Shelbi I would ride the ladybug with her but we didn't get to do it. I still feel guilty. I remember what it was like to be that age and look up to someone and so now I just feel like I let her down. She is so sweet she really always has taken to me for some reason. Tonight she even had to ride in the car with us. I want her to come stay with us sometime. I may try and see if she wants to spend tomorrow night at our house to kinda make up for tonights dissapointment! Well thats all for now I hope next time we take Colby out there we have more fun but bless his heart he was exausted tonight and I couldn't make him do that any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment