Sunday, December 13, 2009

WELCOME HOME!

So Thursday morning we set out for our long journey home. We had to wake up at 5:30 because we had a 6:30 breakfast seating. After breakfast we headed out of the boat to the port terminal. After going through customs we loaded on a bus to the airport. Once we got to the airport we had a couple hours because our flight wasn't scheduled until 11:30. Therefore, we browsed some stores, ate a snack and just hung out in the Orlando airport. Then we had another connection in Atlanta. Once we got to Atlanta we had like no time to spare. So we had to rush to our next place. We were able to pick up a sandwhich though for the plane. We got on the plane and what seemed like forever waited to take off. Then finally we arrived in New Orleans! My dad was there to greet us. We got our suitcases and headed home!! My mom and Colby were out strolling when we got home. Oh I can't even begin to describe the feeling of seeing my little boy's face after not seeing him that many days. I had thought of this moment all week. I wondered how would he react? Would he ignore me, would he be upset, would he care, or would he be overjoyed? Well thankfully he was completely overjoyed to see us. I don't think I have ever see him light up the way he did when he realized we were home. It was the sweetest moment ever besides the first moment I saw his face after he was born. Wow what a relief! I am glad he adjusted so well! My parents had said he was fussy that day like he knew we were coming back and was just waiting for us to get there! That whole day he was such an angel. I think even now he's still a little unsure if we are going to leave him again...poor baby! Anyways this melted my heart completely! Our trip was fantastic but man that made coming home awesome!
I am glad Austin and I took this trip though and I do not feel guilty at all. I think like everyone said it would be good for us and him. I feel more refreshed as a mom and I also feel like he's even more precious to me after not seeing him for that long. It also makes me feel good to see that he can in fact survive without us for a few days. I can't say we are going to leave him again anytime soon but I don't think I will worry as much the next time. I am so grateful for my parents and that they are able to keep him like that so we can get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment