Friday, December 4, 2009

Less than 12 hours = bittersweet mommy

Ok so we have less then 12 hours before we take flight to Orlando. We will stay there one night and then head to the port for our cruise. I am excited about the Orlando part b/c we will get to go to Downtown Disney and meet our friends Beau, Andrea, and their son Blake for dinner. I am also excited about being able to do some shopping in Downtown Disney. I know Colby will end up with some souvenirs there! I am also excited about the cruise neither of us have ever been so I can't wait to see what its like.
Now onto the bittersweet part of my day. Putting Colby to bed tonight was definitely a bittersweet moment for me. We are leaving tomorrow way before he will wake up so that was the last time for us to really love on him. We will probably go in his room and kiss him in the morning but we won't wake him. I don't know which is better to leave while he is sleeping or while he is awake. In some ways I think it will be easier to leave while he is sleeping b/c we won't really have to tell him bye. But at the same time I just wonder what he will think when he wakes up and won't see us again for several days. Its hard leaving him behind but I know deep down it will be good for him and my parents to spend time together and it will be good for Austin and I to take a trip. Its obviously been awhile since just the 2 of us were on vacation together. So this will be nice but boy I will be happy to see my lil boy again! I know he is in good hands too but its hard not to worry about little things like will they know when he's sleepy, when he's hungry or had enough to eat, etc. I have to tell myself they did raise me after all but still its just hard when you are a stay at home mom to relinquish all those duties! Well enough of my sob story I need to go finish packing so I can go to bed. I think I am waking up at 4 am that will be here very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Aww. I can imagine. That's a small scale of what I'm sure I will feel like come next Monday when I have to leave Jude every stinking day. Serious tears are coming!

    ReplyDelete