Sunday, December 20, 2009

Who Dat, Church, and New Orleans Bowl

So it seems like the Christmas rush has really begun although we have been busy but not necesarily with Christmas things. Last night the Saints played so we had our friends Josh and Laura over to watch the game. It was really a lot of fun. We have pretty much done this for all the Saints games. We put Colby to bed before they got here so once they got here we were able to kick back and relax and watch the game. This has been really good for us I think. Before they moved back we didn't hang out with couple friends too much anymore so this has been great. This is actually the 2nd time we hung out this week. Tuesday night we went out to eat with them and back to their place. They are fun to be around and Colby enjoys them too I think! I was so proud of Colby though once we put him to bed we didn't hear a peep out of him. I don't think too many kids would be that easy going.
Today we had church and a luncheon after then Austin's parents coming in town and then the New Orleans bowl. Well let me begin with church. Again it was just Colby and I and Mrs. Shirley in Sunday School. I am really getting a little dissapointed that no other kids show up. I plan these activities and then its just Colby. I feel like he isn't getting the interaction and stuff that he needs. He does really well keeping himself busy though I just wish other kids his age would come. Today I had plans to read Christmas books to them but since it was just Colby he only looked at one. During extended care Austin was assigned to work in Colby's class well I had told him that if there were several kids I would stay and help too. Well at first we thought it was just going to be Colby but then another little boy Glenn Paul showed up. Him and Colby share the same birthday! I was so glad he came so Colby had a friend. I was interested to see how they played together. They did really well. It was so cute to watch them play together I mean this was only a couple of times but they did interact. After church we had the church-wide Christmas luncheon. I was a little nervous of how it would go because last year was very stressful. Austin and I didn't get in there til late and there were like no seats or food left and Colby was cranky and ready to go. Today went so much better. Now that he's older I think he tolerates stuff like this better. He sat contently in his chair and ate mac n cheese and green beans and peaches. I think he enjoyed watching all the people and kids stir around too. It was quite a relief! After that we rushed home because we knew Austin's parents would be here soon. So we got Colby dow for his nap and I was hoping for a nap too but soon after I layed down they arrived. We didn't do too much since Colby was napping. After he woke up we all took a walk then it was about time for Austin, I, my dad, and his dad to head to the New Orleans bowl. It was fun to get out and go to the game but I was very tired from all the other stuff going on. Plus they lost so it wasn't like it was exciting at the end. I am glad I went but still it was very tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment