Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year 2010







Well I can't believe we can now say its 2010. In fact it makes me feel quite old b/c I graduated in 2000. I can't believe that was almost a decade ago! I remember how big of a deal it was when it turned 2000 too....now its 2010! Anyway we had a great year in 2009. It was a year of firsts with Colby. We got to see him learn to crawl, walk, talk, and many other things in the last 12 months. We started the year with a baby and ended with a walking, talking toddler!



I would say we have had a great New Years as far as celebrating. In fact this is the first year in many that we have even gone out for New Years Eve. Usually Austin has to work New Years Day so we usually have a low key night. Last year I don't think we even stayed up to ring in the New Year. From what I remember we were all getting sick and we just went to bed early. So this year was much better. We spent New Years Eve with our friends Josh and Laura and another couple. It was a lot of fun. We ate and played the Wii and just visited. Oh and my parents kept Colby. It was nice just to get out and enjoy some adult time. I missed my little guy and since he isn't old enough to really understand New Years though I didn't feel too guilty about not spending the evening with him. Maybe in a few years we can stay up and shoot fireworks with him maybe even next year we'll see!



Today was also fun. We went to my parent's house this morning because my mom was hosting her usual New Years day lunch. So we went early to help her and take care of Colby so she wasn't trying to do both. He slept most of the time because apparantly he woke up this morning really early (he typically sleeps until at least 8) so my mom laid him down before we got there. Then once he woke up from that nap he ate lunch played for a short time and then took his 2 1/2 hour nap. It was nice though that he slept while we ate lunch after the Thanksgiving disaster. I defintely was not going to make him wait to eat with us today. So we got to talk and visit and just relax. Then he got up and was in a great mood and played with everyone. He also ate sugar cookies and strawberries which he very much enjoyed! So all in all I feel like the holiday season was so much more fun this year then last. I think next year will be even more so when he's old enough to understand what is going on! But holidays with a toddler is wayy easier then holidays with a baby so its been fun! Back to normal reality tomorrow though!

No comments:

Post a Comment