Sunday, January 10, 2010

A lil outing can do a sick family good =)

So we skipped church today since we are all 3 still sick. I hated to do it but I felt it was best especially for Colby and I not to be around all the other kids. I know I don't like when teachers or other people bring their sick kids to church so I didn't want to be one of those. I felt it would also be good for us to all get to sleep in because I would have had to gotton up at 6:30 this morning which it was probably 20 degrees then b/c it was still in the 20s when we all got up after 8. We had discussed last night since we weren't going to church that we would still go eat lunch somewhere just to get out of the house. So we went to Texas Roadhouse and got there right at 11 when they opened. It was so nice we didn't have to wait or anything. Colby was also so good. He was very content just looking around and playing with straws and munching on a roll. I had chicken and it was very yummy. Colby enjoyed eating all his food too. After we ate we walked over to Petco to get the animals some food. It was nice to just walk around a store. I think Colby enjoyed this too. He loved looking at the turtles, fish, and birds. He also liked the ferrets. I think it did us all well mentally to get out and see something other then our 4 walls we have been looking at lately.
Update though on our sickness...Austin woke up today with a sore throat so he seems to be getting what I have. My sore throat has gone away now I am just hoarse and stuffy. Colby still has a yucky runny nose and is somewhat congested. He coughs a little but never really has a coughing spell. I am hoping by later this week we will all be over this mess. The weather is supossed to warm up some which means we will be able to start getting out again! We plan to all take a walk this afternoon after Colby's nap while the sun is still out. I think we all need our vitamin D.

No comments:

Post a Comment