Friday, January 29, 2010

a clean house is a losing battle with a toddler!

Ok so this morning I have felt a little stressed...well actually the "stressed" feeling began yesterday at like 6:30 when Austin still wasn't off work. Needless to say he didn't get home until like 7:30 so that is what sparked my stresses. When daddy doesn't get home from work until late it makes the day seem so long for Colby and I. Not to mention we stayed home all day yesterday. I felt like by 6 Colby and I had played everything there was in the house we had also taken a long walk and played in the backyard. I was also aggravated with our dog b/c we just had some landscaping done in our backyard and our lab decided to dig some of it up. So it wasn't a good end to my day. The night did get better though.
Now today I feel like I am the same way and I am trying to think of all I have to be grateful for but I just have to vent. So this morning we got up and I was in a pretty ok mood. We got dressed and headed to the grocery store first thing b/c I knew it was going to rain after lunch. Colby does pretty good in the grocery but I got a little frustrated today b/c he wanted to pick up everything and taste it. I mean yuck no tellin what grimies things have on them! So I had to fuss at home and once I did he behaved the rest of the time. I do have to give my little man that credit that he does straighten up pretty quickly when he knows mommy is serious. Once we got home I always have such a mess b/c I have to put away groceries and pick up other stuff around the house. Well here is where the catch 22 begins. I feel like I should start picking up the house while Colby is playing but then he seems to make more messes then we started with. So then I decide to go play with him which keeps him from making quite as many messes but then nothing gets done. Oh well I guess that is life with a toddler. I know these are fun days and 99% of the time I love it...its just times like these when I get frustrated and realize I probably need some time away. I am already feeling better though now that he is napping. Now hopefully he will take a 3 hour nap and the rest of our day will be good. I am thinking though about Austin and I taking some time off tomorrow and have my parents keep him for a few hours. I am thinking the WWII museum and lunch might be fun. Oh well thats all for now now I guess since Colby is sleeping I should try to pick up some of the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment