Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Freeeeeezing temps in NOLA


So lately the weather has been SOO cold. But I don't complain I actually love it! This is what winter is supossed to be like! Last year we hardly had any cold weather so I am enjoying this. Its been so great basically since Halloween we have had cool or cold weather. There have been hardly any short sleeve days! I am excited because I bought Colby all these cute winter clothes and he is getting to wear them all! Last year I don't feel like we got our moneys worth of most of his winter clothes.

I guess the only downside to this cold weather is we don't get out as much. Since last week Colby has had a runny nose. It hasn't turned into anything more then that but I am still afraid it will. It was this time last year he had bronchiolitis and we all got sick for like a month. I am praying we don't face anything like that this year. So this has been our last few days.

Sunday we had church. It was good to get out and do something. Colby was good in Sunday School. It was him and Broc. But Broc slept the whole time. Its kinda dissapointing that they never get to play because most of the time Broc is tired when he comes. As far as I know Colby did good in extended care too none of us were back there to witness it but there were about 5 kids back there and so I think he was entertained. After church we just did our usual lunch at McAlister's. Then we came home and relaxed.

Monday I had a dentist appointment first thing so Austin stayed home with Colby. I think the two of them had fun. Austin made him cheese grits and they hung out and played and ate breakfast together. Colby is really getting into "real" breakfasts now. He had enough of baby cereal and fruit. So now we have to cook for him! Once I got home from the dentist we headed out to Target. We hadn't been since early December so there was lots to stock up on. Colby did well but was getting antsy by the end of the trip. I was so upset though I picked out these really cute Valentine's place mats for our table and we ended up leaving them in the cart. The rest of the day we just hung around the house. We did get brave and went for a walk last night but BRRR was it cold! I think even Colby was cold b/c he didn't seem to enjoy it as much as he usually does.

So today Colby went back to Gymrompers. I was glad for him to get back too! Especially since the weather has been cold I knew it would be great for him to burn off some energy there. He did really well. He climbed on everything. Its amazing how much he has learned to do from there. He was even doing new things today! So the rest of the day I think we are going to just stay home and try to stay warm. I may bundle him up later and take him for a walk we'll see! We are having tacos tonight for dinner so excited...Colby loves the beans and rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment