Friday, January 8, 2010

Dentist Visit, Cold, and giving in

Wow its only 1:00 and I feel like I have done so much today. I woke up around 6:30 which is qyy earlier then I like to wake up. Plus I kinda tossed and turned from 5 something so I feel like I didn't get much sleep at all. The reason though for waking up so early is that Colby had a dentist appointment. This is actually his 2nd appointment he went back in June so this was a normal 6 month follow up. Well getting out the door for 8:30 with a toddler is pretty hard...we do it on Sundays but for some reason today I could not get it together. I think the fact that it was in the 20s this morning had something to do with it too. Also Colby and I both are a little under the weather with colds.
So we got to the dentist and Colby loved touching their Mardi Gras tree and looking out the windows. He had no idea of what was in store. But once we got back to the room I think he was like ooh yea I remember this place. He was not fond of being held down at all. He didn't even want them to put the little bib on him. Well he screamed and cried the whole time the dentist was in his mouth. I felt so bad for him. But fortunatly she was only in there for about 5 minutes. She said this is normal I just hope by the time he is 2 and goes back he calms down a bit! She put some blue stuff on his teeth to show us where we were missing. There were quite a few so we are going to have to try a new technique when brushing his teeth. Its just not easy to pin down a 1 year old with sore gums! Other then that she said his teeth looked great!
After the dentist we went to my parents house and hung out for awhile. It was nice just to get out. That is about the only place we can go with it so cold. We are missing our walks a lot lately so it helps to get Colby out. I wish we could walk today but it hasn't gotton out of the 30s so I doubt we do. Once we got home I fed him lunch and gave in and gave him a bottle before nap. I hated to do this because I know consistency is the key with raising kids but 1) he hadn't drank a lot today and 2) I felt bad for him since he is kinda sick and 3) I didn't want him to get dehydrated. I am hoping by tomorrow he will be able to go without it once again. I gave him milk with breakfast but he only drank a couple sips out of it so this is why I felt he needed something b/c he also only drank a few sips of juice at lunch. He mainly played though so I took it away after a few minutes and just put him in the bed. Well I will update more tomorrow but I guess we will be in because of the cold tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment