Monday, January 18, 2010

18 Month Stats

So today was Colby's 18 month doctor's appointment. We had the 8:40 appointment which seems so early but it was worth going b/c by the time we got out the waiting room was packed. Anyhow Colby now weighs 29.6 lbs and is 32 inches tall. I think he gained about 2 lbs since 15 months and grew 1 inch. He is in the 50% for height and 75% for weight. He is still a big boy but he's not fat he's just solidy I think. I knew his height would go down and be more around average b/c Austin and I are both an average height. Again his growth has drastically slowed down from last year. The doctor said everything was normal and good for his age. He did try to talk me into getting a flu shot and H1N1 shot for Colby which I refused. I don't really have a problem with the other vaccines but for the flu I don't see the point. I have never had a flu shot and have also really never had the flu. Not saying I can't get it but still. Colby is not in daycare and he seems to have a good immunity as well. He sent me home with a website to check out but I will probably never get those shots for him. He is also caught up on all his other vaccines until he is 4! Praise the Lord! I thought he was going to have to get more today and I was sorta dreading a sickly week with him. But he didn't have to get any!! I know Colby was glad too!
He did well getting weighed on the big boy scale and measured but he does not like the doctor holding him down and looking him over. He was ok at first but then he went into tears and crying mode quickly. Once he put him down on the floor though he was all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment