Friday, January 15, 2010

Good Day!

So yesterday was a really fun, good day. It began with Colby and I just staying home and skipping MOPS. I hated to miss it b/c we have missed the last 2 and haven't been in forever. But I felt like we both needed the extra sleep. I was awake a couple hours during the night coughing. Plus since he and I have both been sick we have been sleeping until 8:30 or 9 every day. So we skipped and enjoyed a slow morning around the house. We got out and took our walk too which was nice.
Austin had told me he was going to try to come home early but not to expect it. So I was laying on the couch resting at 1:30 when I heard the garage! You can't begin to know how happy I was. He has been on a 6 day work week and has had a few late nights lately with work well not late but he he sometimes hasn't gotton in until 7 which makes a loooong day for me! Well anyways he got home and we all rested. Once Colby got up and played in the back and front yards while Austin cleaned out a few of our flower beds since the cold snap has basically killed everything.
Afterwards we came in and started getting the house cleaned up for our friends coming over. Josh and Laura came over to play Mario with us. They called a little before 6 and said they were on their way. We went on and bathed Colby. We have never actually done that before we were going to bathe him early then let him run around until his bedtime. I was a little worried at how he would do. But he seemed to grasp that he just got his pjs on early and could still play. So he played with them for a little while but by 7 when we got our dinner you could tell he was fading fast. So by 7:30 I gave him his milk and he layed on the couch and drank it like a big boy! Another first! Anyway so after that he went to bed. Well Austin brought him to bed usually we bring him together. He did fine except at like 8:30 we heard him in there so I went in and kissed him and started his music again. I think that's all he needed to see his mommy's face one more time before bed. My lil angel! We enjoyed the time with our friends hanging out and playing games. It was a nice break. Although I wish poor Austin were off today so he could rest some! But I am up and at em and Colby is still in the bed its 8:30 now. We will probably go to the grocery though at some point this morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment