Sunday, January 24, 2010

first accident

So today in Sunday School Colby had his first accident that involved blood. He has fallen or hit his head a number or times since he has been walking. He has had bruises and bumps but none have involved blood until today. He was having a great time at Sunday School climbing on chairs until ooops he fell off the chair and must have hit his chin on the table which caused him to bite his tongue. Poor guy!
He got up screaming bloody murder. I ran over to check on him immediately. Thankfully I am his Sunday School teacher. I am glad this didn't happen when someone else was caring for him. I was scared that he either bit his lip or I wanted to check his teeth...so I pryed his mouth open and sure enough I saw blood. I didn't panic but it did concern me a little. Me checking his mouth though only led to him screaming more and I couldn't get a clear view to tell if it was just his tongue or if it was his gums or a tooth. So the only thing I knew to do to get peace of mind was take him to his daddy and have him look at him. By the time I got him to Austin he had calmed down and we couldn't even see blood anymore so all we can think is that he bit his tongue when he fell. Poor guy though! This is after hearing this week that one of his little friends Blake had to go to the ER for a busted chin. I knew and still know its only a matter of time. Colby is such a climber now and a dare devil that I am sure this is not the last of bobos. But I am so thankful he's ok things like that do scare mommies!
He's been in a good mood since a little tired but he was that way even when I woke him up this morning. He has been sleeping until almost 9 lately so waking him at 7:45 this morning he wasn't too happy plus he has had quite a full week! He's still napping now at almost 4 after finally going down about 1 or 1:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment