Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 2 of no nap bottle




So today is the second day that Colby has gone without a bottle at naptime. Again I feel like it is a sucess. He went to bed and I haven't heard a peep out of him! YAYY! I am so happy. But at the same time its sad to see how he's growing up. I also feel a little guilty taking it away because he loves it so much. But its like he understands that he is getting big and doesn't need that anymore. He still got a bottle at bed last night but he only drank half of it and started playing so I don't think it will be too long before we say adios to that one also! I also am proud to say he drank a whole cup of milk this morning. So my plan worked! With his breakfast I gave him milk. At first he was kinda confused like wait this is not juice but he sipped on it then when we went to the grocery he downed the rest of it! So yayy he is getting milk and its not in a bottle. Maybe this won't be as hard as I thought. At nap time I just went and got his pacifier and his blankie and rocked him for a few minutes then carried him to his bed. He did not really enjoy the rocking though. He never really has been big on it. He would want to lay his head down every now and then but then he would stand up and just want to climb down. So we only rocked for 5 minutes. Now I am really dreading the pacifier fight but maybe it won't be bad either but we will probably wait until summer to do that. Hopefully he will be off bottles completely by spring. Anyways we are taking baby steps here!


Other then that our day has been good we went to the grocery and Colby flirted with all the workers. Then we just played and he ate lunch. Tonight we are cooking grilled chicken sandwhiches and fries. I am hoping Colby will eat some chicken too. I will probably give him that and some type of mashed or sweet potatoes then I will let him eat a few fries. Well thats all going on but I will leave you with a few pictures from Colby a year ago! Man my little boy is getting big!

No comments:

Post a Comment