Wednesday, November 24, 2010

City Park + Drama

Today was supossed to be a good day and don't get me wrong it has been but it started out rough. Austin got a phone call early this morning saying their night guy called off which made it look like he was going to have to fill in tonight plus work a shift tomorrow. I was not happy at all....needless to say after 2 hours on the phone he got it worked out. It added a lot of stress to our day. But I am not happy at all about the way I acted. Its moments like these I wish I could just hit rewind and re-do. I hate that I acted the way I did in front of Colby. I hate that I lost my patience with Austin when it wasn't his fault. I just was angry at whoever called off b/c Austin already has to work part of the day tomorrow I didn't think it was fair for him to have to work all night and be up for over 24 hours going into Thanksgiving plus work all weekend. I wasn't thinking of anyone but myself that and I am sorry. I am sorry to Austin and Colby who had to deal with my anger and dissapointment. I know I have so much to be thankful for and I have been trying this whole month to focus on the positive rather then complain about the negative. I know Austin could be called in all the time or he could be fighting in a war overseas.
Anyway enough of that our morning did go on to be a good one. We enjoyed City Park with Colby. He loved the playground although there was a really rude person blaring rap music with many curse words dispersed in the music...this did not help my mood at all. We also took him into Storyland which he loved. By this time the moods had calmed and we were able to enjoy some good ole family fun. Colby once again loved the firetruck. He also really liked Peter Pan's and Captain Hook's boat. Some other highlites were the slides...he even went down the really big one. He got a little scared though because he almost turned over sideways when he went down but he still did it 3 times!
We stopped at McAlister's on the way home which Colby really enjoyed! Then we got home and it was naptime I think we all 3 needed. Colby was a little off today like either he doesn't feel 100% and is a little sick or he's teething or all the stress from this morning got to him. But I hope now that we have all had our rest we can really enjoy this afternoon and be thankful for all we have.
I hate we didn't get any pictures but silly me was so concerned with my bad attitude that I forgot to even check my purse which is where my camera was the whole time! AHH well live and learn!
Update: We did have a good afternoon...got the Christmas decorations up outside well most of them. It was a nice afternoon to be out too...Colby had a blast out there with his car, tricycle and trucks. Now we are off to eat dinner then get started on cleaning and baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment