Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mommy and Colby's Special Morning

Today has been a wonderful day so far...one I am truly thankful for. I woke up knowing this might be a really long day since Austin isn't getting off work until 7 pm but I knew I could also turn it into a special day for Colby and I. First Colby slept in which was great! Well he slept until 7:40 which for most might not be sleeping in but it was wayy better then his usual 6:30. It allowed me to sleep until 7 then to have 40 quiet minutes to spend alone.
Once we got dressed I took him to the park. We haven't been to a park all week...last week we went 4 or 5 times and this week it just hasn't worked out. I knew Colby had energy to spare. He even got to play with another little boy who was 21 months. They played cars/trucks together. Colby seemed to enjoy going back to the park and ran around and enjoyed climbing and sliding. He is soo good at all the climbing now it amazes me!
After the park we came home for a potty break then met some friends at the mall. We met my friend Jenny with her little boy Braden who is just 2 months younger then Colby. We ate Chickfila and just visited. I was so proud of Colby. He sat there and ate all his chicken and acted like such a big boy. I didn't have to correct him once. Moments like that make me soo thankful! We didn't get to do any shopping...I really wanted to but I decided not to push Colby since it was already almost 1 by the time we finished eating/talking. Maybe next time!
Its been a lovely day and now we are both about to settle into naptime! Looking forward to Austin getting off tonight so we can cheer on the Golden Eagles in their game!

No comments:

Post a Comment