Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ear Infections Times Two

So today has been an interesting day. It was all fine until late this afternoon. Let me begin by saying Colby and I have had slight colds this week nothing major no fever he has had a slight runny nose and me a little sore throat but I didn't think too much of it.
I noticed today after school he was a little grumpier then usual but I attributed it to possibly being overtired...he woke up around 5:30 today and he's also getting his 2 year molars. I did notice a couple times him holding on to his ear though and the thought crossed my mind...ear infection. Its been a little over a year since his first ear infection.
Well this afternoon he was still a little grumpy after his nap but nothing out of the ordinary sometimes he takes a little while to wake up. So we went about our normal routine...snacktime played outside the usual. While we were sitting outside I noticed that my ear felt funny. I thought surely not...I haven't had an ear infection since I was like 13 and before that I was probably 3 or 4 years old...they aren't something I get often at all. Well the more I thought of it and the more my ear felt bad I called Austin and said we were going to go to Urgent Care. It was already 5 at this point so the pediatrician wouldn't be open plus I wanted to get checked out too. So we went to our usual urgent care downtown...they have seen Colby 3 times now! Its really a wonderful place for after hours. Austin got there before us and was able to sign us in and then we got there and pretty much walked right in! Sure enough we both have fluid on our ears...Colby's is in both but I don't think they are too bad and mine was only in one but he said it was worse. So we both got antibiotics. Neither of us have fever so I think we can assume our normal activities. As long as he isn't any worse he will still go to school Thursday. I am glad we don't have much planned for tomorrow though just a trip to the grocery store is all. So we should get some rest hopefully.
My ear hurts and the pressure is awful...other then that I feel fine. I just hope the pressure relieves itself by tomorrow it feels like I am sitting on a plane and my ears need to pop....not a fun feeling for 5+ hours! Anywho I am just grateful its nothing worse and hopefully we caught it early enough especially Colby's that he shouldn't miss out on anything this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment