Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Precious Memories

This week has been wonderful...last week was stressful so this week has been so nice! I have been trying to soak every moment and I want to record it so when I have another stressful one I can recap how precious this week has been. Its been so nice because Austin was off Monday and Tuesday then today he surprised me and came home at lunch.
But let me start with yesterday....yesterday Colby had school so Austin and I took him in then went to breakfast. That was the first time in a loooong time that we ever did something like that! It was just such a sweet time to have that early morning visit with just my hubby. It was very romantic just me and him it was simple but very sweet. After breakfast we went to Target. This was also nice because we were able to browse and take our time without having to keep Colby occupied. By the time we got home though it was about time to go get him again. The rest of the day we hung around the house but it was nice we all played in the backyard and cooked dinner together and sat down to a nice quiet dinner the 3 of us!
Today started out great Colby and I went to the grocery but it was just a good day. We were enjoying spending the morning at home. We even made a family tree to hang up in his room. My new goal is to do some learning activities at home. I mean I have been doing stuff throughout the last year and a half probably since he was 10 months trying to do different activities or crafts with him but I want to start gearing them more towards actual learning and have themes. Since its November and you think about thankfulness and family I wanted to center it around those. So this week we are talking about family. So we made a family tree and listed his immediate family. We hung it on the inside of his door...he is saying most of the family names now but I figured this would be a fun game for him to point out each person.
As we were enjoying our morning austin called out of the blue and said he was coming home for lunch...at first I just thought he was taking a random lunch break but he said he was leaving for the day! I was so excited! So Colby went to bed and we were able to eat lunch and take naps. Colby even took another excellent nap that's 2 this week! For that I am very thankful! After his nap we decided to go the park and let Colby run around. It was fun enjoying the nice weather with our little boy! Colby loves playgrounds/parks so this was a blast for him! Afterwards we went out to dinner.
The only downside to our day has been when we returned we were greeted with the news that a police officer had been to our house....it was our neighbors calling about our dog. We have been dealing with this off and on with the same house for over 3 years. We thought things were going fine b/c the mother had moved out and now her kids live there and we haven't had any issues until the last 2 weeks they have come to our door twice...once I didn't answer and the other night I did and they were asking what we could do to make our dog stop barking...well at the time I politely explained that there was a lot of commotion taking place outside and I couldn't help that she barked at that. I brought her in about 15 minutes later though just to avoid a standoff...well tonight while we were out they called the cops. Its ridiculous that we can't even leave our house for a couple hours without them doing this. But fortunatly for us I don't think the police care I think they think the whole thing is dumb so nothing happens. We just don't feel like all this drama starting again...just praying we can be Christlike witnesses to them and show them the love of Christ no matter how hard it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment