Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010











Wow this year was a very different Thanksgiving but I am still thankful for the day! It began this morning with a household disaster! Everything was going fine until I put Colby on the potty then left him and next thing I knew he flushed the toilet and water started overflowing everywhere. We are still not sure the culprit because I had not been to the guest bathroom all morning and all I knew was I sat him on the potty then walked away and then I hear water gushing out! Needless to say I was not happy! And ofcourse with Austin being at work and couldn't leave I was left to figure out this disaster alone! I freaked out a little...well a lot! I ended up calling my parents and they came over to help. I wasn't sure how I was going to get it cleaned up, turn the water off, fix the toilet plus keep up with a busy 2 year old. Thankfully they came quickly to my rescue! So glad they live close by!




After we got that all taken care of our morning could proceed. We finished getting ready and headed to my parent's house to get ready for Thanksgiving. Our plan was Austin would get off work at noon, his parents were coming at 11 and we would eat by 1. Well we plan and God laughs. Noon approaches and Austin was no where getting off work. I call him at 12:45 and he says to go ahead and eat that its still going to be quite awhile so we did. It was a little depressing just me his parents and mine but we still had fun. I am thankful for 2 wonderful sets of parents/grandparents. Colby had a blast though and enjoyed all the attention. He also ate soo well! After the last 2 years I was worried this Thanksgiving would be another flop considering all the other stuff going on but he did soo good. He sampled everything on his plate: including, ham, turkey, green beans, sweet potatoes, cauliflower casserole, roll, and dressing! Then he took his usual Thanksgiving nap which I think lasted about 2 1/2 hours. The afternoon was a little long but once the Saints Game came on it was a little more entertaining. Austin did not end up getting over there until around 4:15 or so. I felt so bad for him...I know he was looking forward to spending time with us and his parents. I also felt bad for his parents although I know they still enjoyed the visit and were able to spend a lot of time with Colby.




Colby was very open and loving towards them this trip. It used to take him awhile to really open up to them he would be very shy but now he remembers them and knows who they are even though we don't see them but once a month. He really got a kick out of them and them him so it was a good day as far as that goes!




We also started Elf on a Shelf with Colby tonight...it will be interesting to see how it goes. I know he won't totally get it until probably next year but we wanted to start this year so that next year he would hopefully remember and enjoy it more. We are going to move the elf around and I think he will enjoy looking for him each day. We named him Peppermint!




Today wasn't the "ideal" Thanksgiving for us but we still have so much to be thankful for! I mean we have 2 awesome sets of parents who would do anything for us. Atleast Austin has a job to provide for our family even though it means sacrificing some holiday time and we can afford to have a nice Thanksgiving filled with great food. That is a lot more then some people have so we need to thank God for those blessings. We also have our health. And the biggest blessing of them all is a God who loves us enough to give us these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment