Thursday, November 4, 2010

Maybe one day I will look back and laugh

So this week I feel as if my child is testing me more and more. We are back to a no sleep cycle. He's not napping...he's not falling asleep until after 9pm even though he is put in bed by 8 almost every night and he's awake at 6:30 am. I am just at a loss of how to make him sleep. You honestly can't make a child sleep without drugging them. People keep giving me advice I have even gotton a few read babywise :) which I think is halarious! I am a HUGE babywise mom. We did babywise since the day he came home from the hospital and we never had any issues until this summer. He was the perfect baby slept through the night at 2 months we only had about 3 nights where we were up all night with him. I am sure many say well you had it easy for 2 years now its time....and maybe that's true and I am sure the Lord has some reasoning for this probably to teach me patience and that I can do anything. But I know my child needs more sleep then he's getting. People also tell me well kids drop their nap at 2 but I don't buy that. Especially a 2 year old that isn't sleeping 12 hours at night. If he were going to bed at 8 and awaking at 8 I could get by with the no nap theory. But he's not...I know this is a cycle of overtiredness. We had it solved a few months ago or atleast we thought but now we are back in it and sometimes I just want to beat my head in the wall...Colby is soo active during the time he is awake that I need those hours. I hate to whine I know I have it pretty good and I know Colby is a good child but I feel like we are doing all the right things...he hardly ever eats sugar...he's on a consistent schedule...and he plays outside and does active things all the time! I thought surely school would be the answer to this that he would be so tired after 3 hours of school he would poop out when he got home but honestly I think its worse!
Anyway I hate to be a complainer because I know I have so much to be thankful for but I just had to vent and like I said I'm sure when he's 15 and wants to sleep all the time I will remind him of these days and laugh b/c that is what my parents did! Oh well I just pray Lord for more patience to deal with my child and his not sleeping habits!
Oh and to top it off Austin hasn't been in until after 8:30 every night this week. Again I know that could be worse I could be divorced or he could travel a lot or be in the military so I know its not that bad but it makes for a long day when you are awake with a very active toddler from 6:30 am until 9:30 at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment