Monday, June 20, 2011

Circus and Father's Day







Austin unfortunately had to work all of Father's Day weekend except on Friday. We had our family outting then. We took Colby to the circus! It was his first time and our first time to go in probably 4 or more years! I figured he would do well b/c he has such an understanding of things now and more of an attentions span. We have struggled for the last 2 years on whether or not to take him. I am really glad we waited until he was almost 3. He did great. He got antsy a few times but no where near like he has for previous shows we have attended with him. He loved the elephants, tigers, and motorcycles. He talked and cheered throughout. During his antsy times we got food to entertain him. I figured it was the circus...one night of junk couldn't hurt! And he did get his fill although not as bad as some kids were eating...he had pizza and nachos and coke. Luckily though he doesn't know about snoballs or cotton candy yet. It was nice to do this as a family of 3. I have made it a goal/promise to myself to really do special things with him this summer while life is easy b/c next year going out won't be quite as simple. Not that we will stay in all the time but we will either be hauling a baby with us or having to find a sitter (grandparents).





I think Colby truly loved the circus. He has talked about it the last 2 days. He was so cute on the way home he told us " I had night on the town" "I go downtown"...I swear I don't know where he gets these things! He's so funny!





Onto Father's Day now...like I said Austin had to work so we went to church as usual. I had extended care and ended up in Colby's class. I really prefer to work with the babies or toddlers but they needed an extra hand in there. Colby did really well and its amazing now how he talks and relates to other kids. He's still on the quiet side but not as much as he was a year ago. He doesn't have too many friends at church his age but he does play with Broc who is 3 and Glenn Paul was back who is exactly Colby's age so that was exciting. I think Colby and GP could be really good friends b/c they are the same age and have similiar personalities. Colby doesn't really like loud/boisterous kids! So after church we did our usual lunch at McAlister's. We came home took a nap. Austin got home around 4:30 and we went to my parent's house for dinner.





It was nice to hang out with them and Randall and Elizabeth. Colby was a hoot as always. He loves those family dinners and holding the spotlight! Granddaddy even took him in the pool which he really enjoyed. He gets over there and hates leaving though! Especially since he hasn't really been there much in the last 2 weeks. But we promised him 2 visits this week!





I hope Austin had a good Father's Day even though it was rushed. I feel so blessed to have married a man who is such an awesome father to our son. He's a great role model of a sweet, generous, caring father. He always takes time for us. I hear of so many husbands who spend more time hunting, fishing, or golfing they aren't home with their family. I am honored that he choses us first to hang out with!





I am also thankful for my dad and the example he has been to me my entire life. He's a very generous, loving man who has taught me many wonderful things. He's also a wonderful granddaddy who loves playing with his grandson!





For these 2 men I feel so blessed and thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment