Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week 1 of Swim lessons



Colby is still doing great in swim lessons. I am very impressed with how well he has adapted to the big boy classes. He does everything he is supossed to and doesn't seem afraid at all. He relaxes well and therefore floats on his back very well. They are still working on climbing in and out of the pool safely...Colby can't do it as well as the other kids but I think its b/c he's younger and therefore not as strong but he's getting there. He loves going underwater. He hasn't swam by himself yet but I hope by Week 2 he does! He is getting braver trying to climb in the water by himself. I have been so proud of him this week though! He's gotton in every day excited and happy to be there. He hasn't fussed or complained once! I hope the same stays true for Week 2.
Saturday we went swimming at my parent's house and I was anxious to see him try out his new tricks. He did really well. He can about swim alone. He wanted so bad to break away from us and just swim! We let him go a couple times and he could swim a little bit by himself. He knows to move his arms and legs to keep afloat and get somewhere! I think he's even more brave this week then the week before. He was doing cannon balls into the pool before it was all said and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment