Monday, June 27, 2011

The Week and Weekend

Wow I can't believe I went a whole week without posting! Time just got away from me I guess! So since last Monday we have been quite busy! Austin was off Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday we got up and ate breakfast at Parrot Pete's as a family. It was quite a nice treat and I think we all enjoyed it! We then went to Walmart to buy a few things. We rarely go to Walmart but we thought we would try it and honestly it wasn't bad...still not my preference to go every week but once in awhile during the day during the week isn't too bad!
Tuesday night we had dinner group for our SS class at church. This was our 2nd week to go. This week was Mexican Fiesta. We have enjoyed going and getting to fellowship with friends. Colby also loves it. This week the only other kid was baby Jonathan who it was his house so obviously he was there! Colby and Jonathan both did really well and colby seemed to enjoy playing with his "baby" toys and with Jackson their dog. Both weeks he has been very sweet and cooperative there which I am thankful for. We may not bring him every week but it has been nice to have him there with us.
Wednesday my parents came to pick Colby up that morning. He was going to spend the day with them while Austin and I cleaned out our closet. We are trying to prepare for baby number 2. But in order to clean out our guest room which will be baby 2's room we have to first clean out our closet to make room for stuff in the guest room. We did away with 4 or 5 LARGE trash bags of clothes. I don't think I had gone through that closet since we moved in so there was obviously things I was never going to wear again. We went with if it hasn't been worn in a year it went! It was hard to get rid of some stuff but I knew it had to be done! After working hard all morning we ate lunch and took naps. We went to church that night but first we met my parents at McAlister's to all eat dinner together before. Colby came into "big" church with us b/c they had a youth choir performing. I think he enjoyed it especially the puppet part of it!
Thursday Colby and I went grocery shopping so it wasn't a very exciting day. We did that and came home and hung out the rest of the day!
Friday my parents kept Colby while I had a haircut. I was so happy to get it cut although I missed the highlites for sure! i have chose this pregnancy like I did last time to not color my hair. I know everyone says its ok but I just don't want to take any chances. It sure felt good though to get some length off of it. I came home and got to enjoy a quiet afternoon to myself. It was sorta nice to have the house to myself. When I woke up from my nap though I got a few house chores done then went to my parent's house to swim with Colby when he got up from his nap. We swam for quite awhile. It was dinner time by the time we got out so I suggested us ordering pizza and Austin could meet us there and eat when he got off work. It was a great idea. I think we all enjoyed it! Colby loves being over at his grandparents house!
Saturday Austin was off. We enjoyed a leisurely morning at home then went to my parent's house again to swim. I know it sounds like we do that a lot! Colby loves it though and with all this heat that's about all any of us feel like doing! Our friends Josh and Laura and their little baby met us there. It was nice to have company and to visit with them. Both the boys did great! It was Jonathan's first swim but I think he really liked it! I think Colby liked the company but he did not want Jonathan touching his cars! After lunch we came home again for naps. Austin grilled steaks and I made homemade mashed potatoes that night which was soo yummy!
Sunday it was nice to have Austin off again especially since my parents were out of town. he stayed and helped me in the nursery during Sunday School which was nice. We were able to sit in church together though which was nice. After church we strayed from our usual lunch at McAlister's and went to Bravo. Colby was ok with going but he didn't really behave at all in the restaurant. It did take longer then McAlister's usually does and I think he was just tired and antsy. We all came home to take much needed naps then Austin and Colby ran errands and then got in the pool together!
It was a wonderful week and weekend...I can't believe how quickly the summer is flying by though! But I am honestly enjoying the laid back schedule and having Colby at home more!

No comments:

Post a Comment