Monday, June 6, 2011

Swim Lesson Day 1

Colby had his first day of swim lessons this year! I was excited to take him back since he did so well last year. He seems to remember a lot too once we started talking about Mrs. Joan's house and swim lessons a few weeks ago. Last year he did parent and child swim classes since he was 1 1/2 going on 2. This year when I registered him I asked her opinion if he should repeat those classes or be bumped up to regular beginner classes. She said since he went last year and did well and is turning 3 in in July he could go to the regular class. I was kinda glad I wouldn't have to get in the pool every day!
I was a little nervous though wondering how he would act without me getting in with him. But I knew he remembered Mrs. Joan and remembered the house and he doesn't have stranger anxiety like he had last year either so I hoped it would be ok. When we got there he was very anxious to get in the pool! He went right in too no worries about leaving momma or daddy behind! He did awesome too...he followed instructions really well and wasn't nervous with the water at all....he's totally a fish.
He was also the youngest...well there were 2 younger girls but they didn't do as much b/c both were crying but he was in a group of about 3 or 4 other boys who were all older then him. I can't wait to see his progress by the end of next week. Last year he learned a lot of basics like blowing bubbles and putting his head under and just overall getting comfortable in the pool. Today they worked on climbing in and out of the pool safely and did a little swimming and kicking. I am really anxious to see him swim by himself though! I don't expect him to be an expert but I hope he will learn enough to kick himself to the side if he were to fall in.
Anyway today was a great start to the week look for more updates as the week goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment