Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Weekend

We have had a good but very busy weekend so far! I'm already exausted from it! I am kinda ready to get back to our normal week schedule just so I can rest! Let's start out with Saturday morning...Colby and I went over to my parent's house for a swim. I know he's been in swim lessons all week but 1) I have been so jealous sitting in the heat watching him swim every day and 2) I wanted my parents to see his new skills. It felt soo good we stayed in about 2 hours. Colby is doing really well...he can partially swim alone. He's very comfortable and brave in the water also. We ate lunch with them then came home to relax and take naps before Austin's parent's arrived.


Neither of us really got a good nap...I couldn't sleep well thinking that any minute the doorbell might ring and Colby was up most of the time too. By the time they got here he was awake at 3. We sat around and visited until Austin got home. Then we cooked dinner and ate and visited. Colby enjoyed them being here and had fun playing with them. After dinner we even drove down to Belle Chasse for icecream. Once we got in and got Colby bathed it was 9 before he got in the bed. I knew he would be exausted from all the activity plus the no nap so I think he fell right to sleep!


Sunday morning we went to church and Austin's parents joined us. It was nice to have them at our church and to see what we do on Sunday mornings. Austin's mom even joined us in the nursery to see Colby in his class. I think Colby enjoyed having her around too. We enjoyed sitting in church as a family. After church we did our usual lunch at McAlister's. Then we came home and by that point I was exausted and figured Colby was too! Luckily Austin and his parents went down to the Base to look around while Colby and I napped. I definitely needed some down time and so did Colby.


Once we woke up and they got back we went to my parent's house for swimming and dinner. I was still exausted at this point and had a horrible headache but it was nice to swim and be with everyone. We swam and then ate dinner. I think Colby enjoyed the visit. It was nice like I say to be with everyone I just wish I would have felt better. Sundays are such long days anyway and combining company and doing something like that after an already full day about did this pregnant momma in! So when we got home we got Colby in the bed and I was not long after him. I think everyone was exausted though!

Its always nice to have company but it sure was nice Monday morning to get back to "normal" around here! Onto Week 2 of swim lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment