Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beautiful Weather



We have had the best spring weather the last 3 days! We have tried to soak it up and enjoy it as much as possible! Sunday after Colby woke up from his nap he got to spend some time outside with daddy. They even went for a bike ride. Monday while Colby was in school after I got home from the grocery Austin, Allie, Lindsay, and I all went for a walk. That afternoon after naptime we all got outside to enjoy the day. Lindsay laid on a blanket in the shade and Colby rode his bikes around. We even all 4 ventured to the backyard and let Colby enjoy his swingset.
Today while we are still having this beautiful weather I decided to brave the park by myself! This is the first time I have taken both kids alone. Austin and I have brought them both a couple times before but its either been too cold or I just haven't been brave enough to take them both. I knew with such a pretty day we couldn't stay inside. I thought the park trip was going to be a disaster though. I rushed around early this morning preparing for us to leave which believe me was quite the workout! Lindsay screamed the entire ride there...I knew for sure we were going to just have to go home. She finally calmed down though and I think actually enjoyed it although she never fell asleep so I wasn't really able to "focus" on Colby like I had hoped! I think he had fun but he was ready to go after 30 minutes. I had hoped we could stay longer but when there are no other kids there he gets bored. We got home and Lindsay had fallen asleep in the carseat so I left the van door open and kept her in there and let Colby play in the front yard! I think he liked that! I plan on taking both kids for a walk after their naps! I love the weather like this and I hope we get to enjoy a lot more outdoor activities this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment